Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam out options

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Ambrose in ?
Moo2 in ?
ZZ across and Holland in ?
Reid inside, Thomas left, ZZ right ?

what would you do ?

Comments

• Options
    Moutokil in as a winger, good call. The 1st two games with have seen him bomb down the wing.
  • Options
    Ambrose or Moo2, wouldn't want to change the rest of the midfield or change our shape when we're on a good run (unbeaten in 7 in the league).

Also theirs Christiansen to think about and even McLoed could do a job out there
  • Options
    Christiansen where is he find out Henry.
  • Options
    Don't want to see anyone moved around, so I'd like to just see someone come straight in to replace him on the right...

I wouldn't be surprised to see us appeal against the red card though, so this might be a problem we wont have to resolve anyway
  • Options
    Moo2 is a good call but I would have though Thomas if his head is in the right place.

Anyway we will win the SAM appeal. We are always fairly treated by the FA and we are the "big" club now. ;- )

Might be a bit early to throw Christensen in, IMHO.
  • Options
    Thomas may principally play on the left but I wouldn't want to muck around with the other three in midfield so it would be a toss up between Thomas, Ambrose and Moo2kill to play out on the right .... with a three sided coin of course.

If his "head is right" then I'd go for Thomas.
  • Options
    Thomas would be my third option. Ambrose has done little wrong, knows the drill and will slot in fine.

It depends on how Pards wants to play it. If he wants to keep the midfield narrow, play Ambrose. If he wants an outlet and width, tell Thomas to hug the touchline. If he wants to turn Barnsley round and get round the back of them, play Moo2.
  • Options
    Suspect Pardew thinks Christensen is too young, though i know it was only Welling, but he did look quite tricky in that pre-season. Would like to see Moo2 back in the side.
  • Options
    it's a tough call
  • Options
    Don't know enough about Moo2 to say whether he can play as a winger but it would give us a very strong left flank.

I'd go for Thomas as without Sam we'd have no width. I like Ambrose and thinks he gives us something but not as a winger.

Whoever plays we need to improve the crosses but what a joy to have such a wealth of options. Well done the board for picking and buying those players for Pards to coach ; - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what's the AFC badge all about?
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]what's the AFC badge all about?

Don't you start! : - (
  • Options
    'Well done the board for picking and buying those players for Pards to coach ; - ) ' Congrats to the board on supplying him with the dosh. Be interesting though if anyone comes in for a bid for any of our players in Jan.
  • Options
    As others have said first choice Thomas "if his head is right" at home. Mooto would be my second choice as he has shown he can get down the flank and cross. Ambrose third choice.

Christiansen looked lazy and disinterested for the short time he appeared against Sporting Braga, hardly the attitude one expects from a thrusting young player trying to force his way into the side.

I'd rather give Scott Wagstaffe a chance as he appears to be doing well for the stiffs.
  • Options
    Thomas straight in on the right.

Played well there against Sheff Wed. He is right footed after all.
  • Options
    I'd stick Ambrose straight in on the right hand side - leave the rest as is.

Not that I think that's perfect, our left back is still left really exposed by Reid drifting inside. (Not that I mind him drifting inside as he's by far and away our best passer of the ball).

Not sure if this is a chance to reshuffle to try and combat that?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Anyway we will win the SAM appeal. We are always fairly treated by the FA and we are the "big" club now. ;- )

That one may come back to bite you on the behind Henry!
  • Options
    Has to be Thomas for me, he Sam and Reid are the only attacking players capable of this role at the club in my opinion.

:)
  • Options
    Ambrose is injured - hamstring. Hasn't kicked a ball since the Luton match last week.
  • Options
    Christensen looked like a great prospect but I can't see him gettign a game just yet

More interested in Mouts getting a game or Jerome Thomas