Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eager Weaver

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Tired but happy after last nights long trip. Agree with most on other thread about our perfermance and is summed up by the fact in the first half kicking just about edged it and in the second half the footballing side won by a country mile.

Anyway, my point is that I think Nicky Weaver is still underrated by most on here but I believe he is fast becoming our best player not just for the saves he makes, by the way two last night were top drawer, but also he seems as up for playing for Charlton and being past of the team as anyone. Comes across as a top bloke to me.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed. 95% of the dislike banded towards Weaver in the past was pure pantomine stuff, no more than that. A few still don't rate him as a keeper, but i think he has already proved to the vast majority to be an excellent shot-stopper and a good character to have in the ranks.

Its a big if with his track record, but if he can get a full season under his belt injury free, i think we're going to see the best he has ever produced in his career, and is crucial if we have a successful season. If he can work on one thing, its the slight indecision when the ball is played over the top of the back four. I still don't think communication in that respect is 100% yet.
  • Options
    gonna be player of the year ...fact..well maybe
  • Options
    I'd like to see him coming for, and catching more, crosses, but apart from that I think he's a decent keeper... Any issues we had before he signed for us were not down to his skills as a keeper, but down to his timewasting BS a few years ago...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Any issues we had before he signed for us were not down to his skills as a keeper, but down to his timewasting BS a few years ago...
    but last night he was doing that crap for us so it was ok;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Any issues we had before he signed for us were not down to his skills as a keeper, but down to his timewasting BS a few years ago...
    but last night he was doing that crap for us so it was ok;-)

Spot on. Just like Danny Mills seems to get boo'ed at every ground but he's playing for us.
  • Options
    I made him my MoM last night. His catching was secure, he made some good saves and he seemed to be having a better understanding with the defence. It was just a shame that they scored at the end.

I rated him as a youngster, he lost his confidence/way after a season or two. It's hard to come back for keeper after that because of the limited opportunities but made something of his chance last season. Remember he's only known Citeh and their ways. He's moved out of his comfort zone and that may make him a little tentative. Confidence is buidling and we need to "big him up" when we can - some of that was done last night. As for the previous stuff, well I don't give a sh*t, that was then and he is one of ours now.
  • Options
    If he stays fit, with his character, I think he may well become a Charlton legend!
  • Options
    Weaver has grown on me immensely - I was really concerned when we signed him. He doesn't look particularly mobile to me - looks like he has chronic arthritis if I am honest - but he makes some great saves!

Goodkicking, always looking for the quick roll out and seems a top bloke too
  • Options
    I need to see a bit more of him yet, but he has been far better than I expected - thankfully!

Would like to see him come for crosses more and catch it rather than parry it - but he's improved on that recently.

Still don't really like the time-wasting cr*p - he got away with it a bit last night by all accounts.
  • Options
    Yep seems a great player and top Bloke

Maybe after we do the bouncy we can sing his name???