Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA to investigate brawl..

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
The Football Association have confirmed they will be investigating the mass brawl which marred last night's Coca-Cola Championship encounter between Hull and Charlton.
Referee Anthony Taylor reduced both sides to 10 men shortly before half-time when dismissing Hull skipper Ian Ashbee and Charlton winger Lloyd Sam following an ugly bust-up at the KC Stadium.
Ashbee's heavy tackle on Sam led to the pair grappling with one another and triggered a melee which ultimately involved players, substitutes and coaching staff, including Charlton boss Alan Pardew.
Both clubs look almost certain to be hit with a charge of failing to control their players following a fiery encounter which Charlton won 2-1.
An FA spokesman said: "We will obviously be considering the referee's report and investigating the incident.
"We will also be looking at video evidence before deciding what further action is necessary."
Hull boss Phil Brown may also have landed himself in hot water after claiming that Taylor allowed himself to be talked into dismissing Ashbee by Charlton's players.
Brown said of the Altrincham official: "There were a lot of poor decisions.
He was taking the name of Ian Ashbee for a yellow card and was approached by two Charlton players and then changed his mind to a red card.
"It was handbags. The making a fuss of a one-on-one incident was farcical."
Pardew, for his part, denied that he had made the situation worse by joining the melee.
He said: "I went on to the pitch just to get in between Dean Windass and Jon Fortune because I could see them squaring up."
Both clubs are expected to appeal the three-match bans which automatically follow the dismissals of Ashbee and Sam for violent conduct.

Comments

• Options
    What's the betting they deduct us points?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]What's the betting they deduct us points?

with our recent fair play conduct they should give us a small fine and a ticking off. Yet knowing our luck it will relegation
  • Options
    Moaning about Ashbee's sending off is unbelievable - he had at least two kicks out at Sam before anything else happened, obviously I'm bias but even putting that aside you couldn;t possibly argue that Sam deserved to go and Ashbee didn't.

Probably be a small fine and a smack on the wrist.
  • Options
    this really is looking like a mountain out of a molehill job. An incident like this happens every week at at least one game. Apart from Ashbee kicking out twice and the headlock, everyone else seemed to be largely trying to break it up.

Am i the only one that thinks its getting too much press ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Moaning about Ashbee's sending off is unbelievable - he had at least two kicks out at Sam before anything else happened, obviously I'm bias but even putting that aside you couldn;t possibly argue that Sam deserved to go and Ashbee didn't.

Probably be a small fine and a smack on the wrist.

if that, the brawls always look worse then they are, players run in to break it up, and it suddenly become an 18 man brawl, when only a couple were swinging handbags
  • Options
    it looked worse from away end than it actually was.
  • Options
    when was the last time our team were involved in a melee!
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]when was the last time our team were involved in a melee!

I can remember a game at The Valley about 10 years ago, against Barnsley I think, where Pettersen got kicked and everyone except the oppo keeper got involved.

Curbs ran onto the pitch and restrained Kevin Nicholls I remember.
  • Options
    I hate all this 'bringing the game into disrepute' rubbish. I love seeing it all kick off at a game.

Cheating, career threatening tackles, diving, bad sportsmanship - they bring the game into disrepute - a bit of a handbags brawl is just good entertainment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]when was the last time our team were involved in a melee!

I can remeber a game at The Valley about 10 years ago, against barnsley I think, where Pettersen got kicked and everyone except the oppo keeper got involved.

Curbs ran onto the pitch and restrained Kevin Nicholls I remember.

I remember that game. Kevin Nicholls scored a cracker after about 20 seconds as well I still swear that ball didn't cross the line
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2007

Good shout. At least it shows we've got a bit of passion and togetherness about us these days. This time last year and nobody on the would've given a flying f***!

Edit: Well, maybe apart from Herman - he always liked to get involved!
  • Options
    got slapped a fair bit though did herman
  • Options
    yet but at least he stood up for himself.

the rest were far too light in their loafers.
    i love this sort of stuff! im gutted to have missed it.
  • Options
    My description didn't do it for you then??!?!?!?!
  • Options
    I love Pards comments about Lloyd

"He's not that type of character, he's a smiley boy.”