Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I played golf with Andy Jones last year

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Im fairly new here so apologies if it seems random but I have only just found a forum filled with fellow Addicks!

Bloody good player and quite a large chap now. Works for BT in Boutnemouth and was a really good bloke.

I was lucky enough to play in the Former Charlton Players Golf Society Day and it was wicked fun.

Garry Nelson was there - funny bloke but not as funny as Colin walsh who was swearing like a trooper. Sasa Ilic played too and was a beast with a 1 wood.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a good day out (not that I play golf...)

Met Colin Walsh in the lounges at The Valley once or twice - lovely guy, but then he would be as he's Scottish ;-)
  • Options
    Jonah was a bit of a cult hero of mine at the time.Big lump, dodgy haircuts,good old fashioned centre-forward and a bit of a dressing room joker.The sort of player who who would have not got anywhere the top flight in modern times.
  • Options
    I went to a Quiz Night at the New Eltham training ground years ago and Andy Jones was on my table and drank an extremely impressive amount of beers despite the fact that Lennie kept on telling him to "behave yourself" Gritty was also on our table and was also more than useful with a pint but apparently Bob "The Beast" Bolder was the man in the drinking stakes....