Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone been to Millennium Stadium, Cardiff?

What do you do for parking? Grateful for any info.

Comments

• Went to Wales-Australia game last month and parked in an NCP in the city centre.
    Dead easy - 5 mins walk from the ground.
    Cost about a tenner for three hours.
  • Thanks very much, ka - we're hoping there won't be too many French and Kiwis in cars - bit of a long drive for some of them...
  • I've only visited on a non-match day, but don't recall seeing anything on site. With it being on the river, access to the stadium by road was limited, but I do recall that it is a very short walk from the train station, and it is very close to the city centre, shopping and all that, so there must be a fair amount of parking around...
  • I was last in Cardiff 4 years ago and at that time there was a lot of parking in North Road which is a long main road running from the City centre almost back to the M 4 junction.

If you get there early enough you should be able to park and walk the rest of it.

As far as I can remember it was free to park there then too.
  • Weggie
    If you get there with plenty of time there are plenty of car parks in the city centre & the stadium is right in the middle so you'll only have a short walk.
    We always stay so we can have a few jars, but I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time.
    Good Luck!
    xx
  • Arsenal - Regulary.
  • whos your team dj davey
  • Arsenal. I am Woolwich through and through.
  • do you go charlton
  • If it doesn't clash with my team yeah.
  • Sponsored links:

• good one,brought up in downham,loads of arsenal there growing up,could never work out why.
  • I jesting with ya fella!

I AM CHIRPY RED!!
  • you had me there!
  • Drove there for a play off final and they have loads of park & ride car parks (use schools etc) that were clearly sign posted & about a 5 minute bus ride to the city centre. Only cost a fiver i think.
    Presume they do that for all major events there.
  • I went to the Millenium Stadium to see Lincoln v Southend in the play offs. Couldn't tell you about parking tho - went by train and was off my tits.

Hope this helps.
  • Thanks, Len, KBsLS and Mortain.
    No thanks, Off_It ;-)

Would be looking forward to it a lot more if Charlton were'n't playing and Ireland were if you get what I mean ;-(
  • Was at MS last night for the Speedway GP, and must admit, was extremely disappointed with what was served up (apart from Speedway, which was very good).
    It certainly feels like an ageing stadium with seats like an 'old' stadium (ie not the padded versions you see at the modern stadiums like Wembley,Emirates.Brighton.)
    To get to the upper tier felt like trying to get to top of the Eiger = with facilities only down at lower levels.
    Park and ride was a total shambles - you would sortta expect that when the Speedway was due to finish circa 8 that the park and ride buses would be ready and waiting - well, no, it took 15 mins for first one to come and there was a humongus queue to take us back to where the car was parked at Cardiff Citys ground - and the drop off point for the stadium was still a 10 min walk away from the ground(and cost 10 squid for the privilege)
    We didnt have tickets for the GP , and it took about 30 mins to even find the Ticket Office (noted by a A4 piece of paper on a portakabin).
    Overall, a real disappointing experience.
  • BUT the racing though... Taaaaaai Woffinden!!