Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hermann

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
has scored more in 2 games for Portsmouth than he managed in his last two seasons with us!

Comments

• Options
    have no gripes with Hermann, a wholehearted, if limited defender who is coming towards the end of his career.

Earnt good money, got offered a move and took it.

Compare to Holland, who got offered a vastly reduced new deal, took it, and has hardly featured since. I bet he wished he had gone now.
  • Options
    isn't that because he's been injured though.
  • Options
    Who would you drop from our current midfield to make way for Holland though?
  • Options
    He missed absolute sitters almost every game for us, law of averages says he had to get a couple some time!
  • Options
    he's allowed far further up the pitch with far better defenders behind him. having said that Tony Adams wasn't too pleased with him after hs first goal, nice to see he took no notice ;-)

confidence is the key!

go Herman!

top bloke in my eyes, all the best big man!
  • Options
    Not just looking for an argument but thought he was tosh the last 2 seasons for us and didnt look like he gave a shat.
    THink it was bang out of order to impose his clause in the contract about being able to go for 'free' if we were relegated. We could have at least got a couple of hundred grand out of his transfer if he didnt insist on the clause. (Not that I know this for sure but thats the way I see it, I will stand corrected and eat humble pie if wrong)
  • Options
    Its obviously alot easier for him to get further up the pitch in a team that isn't designed purely to defend ala Curbishleys Charlton. Portsmouth are looking a decent side and good luck to the Hermanator!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Not just looking for an argument but thought he was tosh the last 2 seasons for us and didnt look like he gave a shat.
    THink it was bang out of order to impose his clause in the contract about being able to go for 'free' if we were relegated. We could have at least got a couple of hundred grand out of his transfer if he didnt insist on the clause. (Not that I know this for sure but thats the way I see it, I will stand corrected and eat humble pie if wrong)

Don't really begrudge him a move as we got our moneys worth out of him but you're spot on in respect of his performances. He was a liability last season.
  • Options
    Yep. I agree entirely with that. I thought he was awful last season.
  • Options
    under 3 managers last season he was pants.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree he was poor at times last year but I don't think anyone can doubt his effort or attitude when he played for us only his ability which clearly waned last year.
  • Options
    I used to back him first and anytime goalscorer religiously and got f all out of him the past two seasons - and now he's banging them in for fun. GRRRRRRR!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]I agree he was poor at times last year but I don't think anyone can doubt his effort or attitude when he played for us only his ability which clearly waned last year.

He played for quite a while last season with a wrecked knee. He was getting injected before every match he played and missed matches from time to time.

At 32, I bet he could hardly walk between matches and probably barely trained. He probably couldn't turn well and couldn't sprint. And that 'Operation Ewood' match well and truly found him out. I've always admired his spirit, though.

Good luck to him. We got our money's worth, alright.