Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Writ prepared

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
After consulting with my solicitor about the slander of being called a 'moron' and an 'imbecile' by Jordan, he feels I have a case of damages following publication of his libellous comments in an official Palace document.

I have therefore instructed my Solicitor to issue a writ against Jordan and I thought that forthcoming press conference at Selhurst Park would be the best place to do this. Although he feels this is an over the top reaction, I told him to go ahead with it in the hope the publicity will strengthen the support I get should this progress.

Am I being a tad hard on The Orange one, ruining his big day?

Comments

• Options
    Not at all. More power to your elbow!
  • Options
    See you there, I am planning to make an "appearance" too!!!
    Taking the day off sick :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I've been hearing a few unqualified rumours.........

has anyone else ?
  • Options
    Nice one
  • Options
    Fair play to youAddickted. I've been thinking something like this should be done for some time now. Only wish i had thought of it first!
  • Options
    A couple of my mates were going to go down there and were asking me along Salad. If you're going too maybe we could meet up to co-ordinate our efforts?. Looks like there could be quite a trunout!
  • Options
    Perhaps we should arrange for some sort of 'peaceful' protest outside the ground at the continual slanderous remarks made by Mr. Jordan to fans of CAFC, by way of publicly backing the writ served by the legal representatives of our fellow Lifer?
  • Options
    Good luck Addickted. My only concern is that Jordan and Palace will get to find out about this in advance........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Perhaps we should arrange for some sort of 'peaceful' protest outside the ground at the continual slanderous remarks made by Mr. Jordan to fans of CAFC, by way of publicly backing the writ served by the legal representatives of our fellow Lifer?

that seems an excellent idea KB
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Good luck Addickted. My only concern is that Jordan and Palace will get to find out about this in advance........

My mate has apparently got two press passes sorted already - and is trying to get a couple more as I type. Not a lot they can do really if your names "on the list".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Make sure you call Ian Wright and Adrian Durham as witnesses, he repeatedly slagged us off on their drivetime show the other week
  • Options
    For one so adamant about protecting his good name through the courts I don't see how Mr Jordan thinks that it's reasonable to brand 20k people as 'imbeciles' and 'morons' in the national press.

I can't actually be there as I'm on holiday but have heard from a few fellow supporters that they plan to be at the press conference to show their support for your cause - good luck Addickted.
  • Options
    Another press pass sorted cheers mate, should be entertaining tomorrow
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Luckily for me i'm on nights so I can get down there without taking time off. I've heard through the grapevine there could be quite a presence down there after what happened at The Valley last summer. I'm on to my mate at The News Shopper to try sort out a couple of press passes myself so I can witness the action.
  • Options
    My mate reckons he can get his hands on a sound system which he is going to link up to a mirophone and put in his van outside for the use of those who can't get inside. Bloke he knows uses it at the Notting Hill Carnival every year - so it's bloody LOUD!

This is going to be a quality day!
  • Options
    we're gonna go for a beer first at the alliance if its open

http://fancyapint.com/pubs/pub2776.html
  • Options
    I have a 12 foot banner prepared Salad, if i meet you outside the Alliance at 10.15 will you help me carry it to the ground ?
  • Options
    err no I won't, I was hoping to be inconspicuos!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]My mate reckons he can get his hands on a sound system which he is going to link up to a mirophone and put in his van outside for the use of those who can't get inside. Bloke he knows uses it at the Notting Hill Carnival every year - so it's bloody LOUD!

This is going to be a quality day![/quote]

that's just reminded me. My wife is a hockey referree and has a large collection of whistles (29 of them). I'll ask her if i can borrow them for the day and hand them out.
  • Options
    Anyone know what the specials are in the Alliance - could do with a couple beforehand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    she wouldn't get 28 of them back though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Anyone know what the specials are in the Alliance - could do with a couple beforehand.
    Terry Hall and Jerry Dammers
  • Options
    Any chance of borrowing the sticks as well, we might need them!!!

Only joking, wouldn't want any form of violent confrontation as it would defeat the objective. Got a feeling you might need more than 26 whistles though if the rumours on how many are going, prove to be correct!
  • Options
    I doubt there'll be more than a dozen of us to be honest, but that'll be more than enough for a bit of fun :-))
  • Options
    AFKA - Not sure how we stand legally with mentionig this - perhaps we should be keeping this a bit stuhm?
  • Options
    do you reckon they'll get advance warning then ? Wouldn't want them to spoil the fun.
  • Options
    Good point chaps. AFKA maybe you should remove this thread?
  • Options
    Change to members only instead - so we can all get a laugh out of it....
  • Options
    f***ing hell, you lot are bloody paranoid!!!

I somehow doubt the orange tosser finds Charlton life rivetting reading :-)
  • Options
    Thanks for your support lads and lasses, sometimes it felt like I was the only one who was hurt and wounded by Jordan's slanderous statements.

I have been advised not to turn up myself on the day as it could make the serving difficult, so I won't be going - but I will be thinking of those who are there. I just hope you don't cause too much of a melee and prevent my Solicitor's Legal Exec from serving the writ (he's actually a 'Wall fan!).

I have also been informed that I may have to take an IQ test just to prove I'm not a moron/imbecile! I thought it was a wind up, but Jordan's may use his description of me in defence of his statement.

No damages figure has been added to the statement, that will be left to the Court to decide.

Too date my costs have been £250 + VAT, but may rise, depending on how the writ is defended. If it does progress through the Courts I may be on here begging for some help with a 'fighting fund'.