Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Battersea Power Station

I go past here every morning on the train to Victoria.

There seems to be a huge film set being constructed on the site. Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• Options
    ScoSco
    edited October 2007
    Dunno, but I wish they'd either convert it into accommodation or knock it down and build housing/flats - an absolute waste of land at the moment.
  • Options
    Dont you mean South Chelsea Power Station
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Dont you mean South Chelsea Power Station

LOL!
  • Options
    I think I read somewhere that it is a listed building.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Whenever I see the place I just see Pink Floyd's Animals. So much so that when I drive to SW London I end up humming some PF tune or other!!!

I don't know why but find it a fascinating building, it would be great if they could find a use for it whilst leaving it as is.
  • Options
    I think I read that Guy Ritchie's new film 'RocknRolla' is going to be filmed there.
  • Options
    Cheers, it's amazing what news you guys pick up in the windy city :)

I'll keep an eye out for Madge as I go past the set!
  • Options
    I read in last nights London freebies that they're filming the new Batman movie there. Apparently local residents jammed the emergency phone lines when they heard explosions thinking it may have been a terrorist attack.
  • Options
    Do you mean here (Chicago) or there (Battersea) Alex? Cos I wrote about filming Batman in the windy city here:
    http://chicagoaddick.blogspot.com/2007/09/batman-returns-to-chicago.html
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Do you mean here (Chicago) or there (Battersea) Alex? Cos I wrote about filming Batman in the windy city here:
    http://chicagoaddick.blogspot.com/2007/09/batman-returns-to-chicago.html

It's in London - Big bang at Battersea
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    funny because as the commenter said that happened here too. One to watch when it comes out.
  • Options
    Saw a trailer for The Dark Knight today. Battersea (or South Chelsea) Power Station in all it's glory!
  • Options
    Saw a documentry on TV a year or two back re Battersea Power Station.Many of the original Victorian features have been preserved/retained in the office and admin part of the building as well as the controls operations centre, it's in all honesty quite unique and special in many ways.
    The long since gutted interior of the building is vast and genuinely most impressive.
    Some may think it's strange to have it on the preservation list but having watched the programme I think it's perfectly logical and could be turned into something of great interest for generations to come ....though 'exactly' what is of course open to great ongoing speculation.