Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, England day then.....

how do you see the football and rugby going ?

Football is a gimme, rugby the French will have that bit too much

Comments

• Options
    Football win, Rugby lose, anyone who thinks it'll be any different is dreaming !
  • Options
    Win both, France in Paris is different to playing them in Marselle.

Football 4-0, Rugby by 4
  • Options
    Think (hope!) we'll win both... I'm already hoping for a day in the Walkabout for the final....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Football win, Rugby lose, anyone who thinks it'll be any different is dreaming !

Personally I would never make such a bold statement in respect of the England football team....

Don't really follow Rugby but aren't the Aussies better than the french, and we beat them.
  • Options
    Football - 2 nil to England.
    Rugby - We'll either lose by 3 tries, or 15 points. Or its a close 6 points with Jonnies left peg setting the tone.

i have to say, the rugbys gonna be a better game to watch. Tight, tough and i'll be half plastered at 8pm....

But yes, looking forward to us finally getting our game on in world sports.
  • Options
    football is a gimme

rugby - i am afraid we'll fall short france by 6
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]football is a gimme

rugby - i am afraid we'll fall short france by 6

I dunno, I just feel if we keep it tight in Paris, the Frogs will have the same collective lose of bottle the ABs had in Cardiff. The crowd in Paris does have tendancy to turn on the team, even Laporte described them as 'bourgeois shits'
  • Options
    that's one thing that i am waivering on the French bottle can they hold it.

I will be glued to it and would love it but just feel this teams final was the 1/4's - hope I am bloody wrong
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]that's one thing that i am waivering on the French bottle can they hold it.

I will be glued to it and would love it but just feel this teams final was the 1/4's - hope I am bloody wrong

The one thing the French are worried about, is that there final was in Cardiff as well, so it'll be an interesting game, we just need to keep the scoreboard ticking over, get into there half and pick up the points would be the way to do it, nothing worse for the frogs if Wilko keeps knocking over 3 pointers all evening
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]that's one thing that i am waivering on the French bottle can they hold it.

The one thing the French are worried about, is that there final was in Cardiff as well, so it'll be an interesting game, we just need to keep the scoreboard ticking over, get into there half and pick up the points would be the way to do it, nothing worse for the frogs if Wilko keeps knocking over 3 pointers all evening

If we get good field position, just keep kicking drop goals. I have a vision of Jason Robinson scoring an intercepted try.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its fully "game on" with the rugby....

The rugby boys really perform when it really matters, and being experienced pro's proud to play for their country, i'm expecting an epic tomorrow.

The French forwards have been getting down really well though. they bossed the heck out of the kiwis... Was great to watch but now i'ved realised they can play us at our own game... So we're in for a game i'm afraid.

But thats what makes knockouts so good. and its the flippin French and our history...
  • Options
    England 5-0 Estonia

Not sure about the egg chasing, dont know enough
  • Options
    I'm just looking forward to a day in the pub watchin the lot!
  • Options
    England 3-0 Estonia

France to win by the odd try-down? England won't even get in the end-zone! Jonny doing the goat will score us the points

15-9
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Win both, France in Paris is different to playing them in Marselle.

Football 4-0, Rugby by 4

Good point about Marseille Rothko. I see this game as a true 50:50 - Hopefully we'll win by 1 or 2 points just to rub it in.

As for the football, it'll be boring but we'll win.
  • Options
    since my team, Tonga, were unjustly knocked out I now have the choice of supporting the English Rugger Buggers or a team of Frenchmen.

C'mon Gillingham
  • Options
    England win cricket football and rugby 8-1 at coral,get on.
  • Options
    Football, we'll win but it'll be zzzzzzzzzz
    Then a small interlude watching the mighty Saint's take on dirty Leeds (wish I was there, not gonna call it, might jinx them)
    And by the time that other code starts I'll be three sheets to the wind & telling my mate how much I love her as she throws a leaving do to say goodbye to Blighty for her home, South Africa. Can imagine the venue will be full of South African supporting French, as I doubt they'll want to play us again in the final.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gumbo[/cite]France to win by the odd try-down? England won't even get in the end-zone! Jonny doing the goat will score us the points

If you come out with any of that s**t tomorrow while watching the game, I will throw you out of my house...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Gumbo[/cite]France to win by the odd try-down? England won't even get in the end-zone! Jonny doing the goat will score us the points

If you come out with any of that s**t tomorrow while watching the game, I will throw you out of my house...

Surprised you'll be there ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the lawyers at work had a ticket for sale today, as he's got the flu... £240 face value! Crazy!
  • Options
    Mate. I'd have had his arm off!!

My old man was in Durban when the RWC was out there and some of the stories he has would have made me pay a lot to be in Paris tomorrow....
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'm just looking forward to a day in the pub watchin the lot!

you computer must of crashed before the words 'followed by an early night because i have a big cup game on sunday morning'......
  • Options
    Lookie - Can you help Dan with how to quote please?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gumbo[/cite]
    France to win by the odd try-down? England won't even get in the end-zone! Jonny doing the goat will score us the points

The perfect chat up line hahaha.
  • Options
    football, rugger, mates round, beers, peanuts, various breaded and pastry laden crap, pizzas, bit of quorn for the veggie in the corner....

LUVERLY !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Mate. I'd have had his arm off!!

My old man was in Durban when the RWC was out there and some of the stories he has would have made me pay a lot to be in Paris tomorrow....

I was very tempted mate, but then reality kicked in when looking at the price to get out there etc... the Mrs would have killed me! She's already cheesed off with a football/rugby back-to-back day....!
  • Options
    I just feel the cheese eating surrender monkeys might just start eating cheese and then eventually surrender ..... the lift from doing the aussies was massive and we looked good.... i think we might just have enough....
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    May I say how pleasantly surprised I am that none of the "I don't care about the national team... club first... who cares about rugby... I'll be shopping rather than watch.. blah blah, fing blah" mob have hijacked this thread. Apart from Henry, who is just playing devils advocat (sic).

England to win both narrowly.
  • Options
    millwall loose at lunch time,england win england win