Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pete Loveridge

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Hi all

Just a note to express my sadness at the loss Pete Loveridge.

I played for Barnsley Supporters Club against Pete, his brother, Mick Cuthberts and the rest of the Charlton lads.

I posted on your rivals site to find out what you lads are up to but got a massive shock.

Pete was a great guy. A handful on the pitch and off. Although we only met a few times a season to kick lumps out of each other we always counted Pete as a good mate.

RIP pete Loveridge

and best regards

Vinny Robinson

Comments

• Options
    Nice one fitzy, you'll get a warm reception here. There's a few who knew Pete, do a search... err, I'll do it...

Here you go.

All the best mate, hang around a bit.

RIP Pete
  • Options
    Cheers Fitzy, never met Pete, but he sounds like one of the good guys, will see Andy in the morning and will pass on you message.
  • Options
    nice one fitzy...
  • Options
    Cheers fitzy,
    Having played in the same side for around 10 years i know exactly what you mean by " a bit of a handfull"
    we celebrated what would have been Petes 40th recently, great celebbration for a great lad!!
  • Options
    Hi Vinny, Andy here, Pete's bro. Many happy days playing against your boys. Gotta say your boys were top blokes, always met up in our darkest days whilst we were playin at scumhurst park and the return leg tup' there was great too. Many kind words have been said by many people on here as well as personally about Pete. He is sadly missed by the many people that he touched over the 37 years. We all had great pleasure in sharing many laughs with him.
    It's a great shame we didnt have contact before our game last week. It would've been real nice to have caught up before the game and raised a few beers to the boy. If you want to catch up, maybe when we travel to your ground later in the season, or maybe speak before, drop me an e-mail at andyloveridgebtinternet.com Would greatly welcome a jaw to catch up on some stories.
    On behalf of Pete's family as well as me, our very sincere thanks to your good self and all that have left so many kind words. It means so much to us.
    Andy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Luva Luva[/cite]Hi Vinny, Andy here, Pete's bro. Many happy days playing against your boys. Gotta say your boys were top blokes, always met up in our darkest days whilst we were playin at scumhurst park and the return leg tup' there was great too. Many kind words have been said by many people on here as well as personally about Pete. He is sadly missed by the many people that he touched over the 37 years. We all had great pleasure in sharing many laughs with him.
    It's a great shame we didnt have contact before our game last week. It would've been real nice to have caught up before the game and raised a few beers to the boy. If you want to catch up, maybe when we travel to your ground later in the season, or maybe speak before, drop me an e-mail at andyloveridgebtinternet.com Would greatly welcome a jaw to catch up on some stories.
    On behalf of Pete's family as well as me, our very sincere thanks to your good self and all that have left so many kind words. It means so much to us.
    Andy

Hello mate, how's things...
  • Options
    Yeah gr8 thanks dan , be kinda nice 2 catch up with the barnsley boys again eh , do you remember that tournament we played in and up on the tables with them at the end , takin on the world, Hows u dude
  • Options
    yeah, that was the one in Nottingham when we hired a minibus and were all swapping shirts by the end of the night, somehow I ended up with a Port Vale away shirt !!!

good mate, definately have to catch up and have a beer soon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]yeah, that was the one in Nottingham when we hired a minibus and were all swapping shirts by the end of the night, somehow I ended up with a Port Vale away shirt !!!

good mate, definately have to catch up and have a beer soon.

I ended up with a Bury shirt....

Nice comments from Vinny, I remember trying to drink with them boys.....Jesus!!
  • Options
    ....they could certainly knock some back !

Barnsley (a) last away game of the season I think ?......now that would be a trip !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi Lads

Just wanted to leave my thoughts about Pete Loveridge

I played with Vinny in the Barnsley Supporters Club team and I had the task of marking Pete on several occassions as I was a defender, so I got to know him well. He always played a hard, fair game and gave as good as he got. He was a lovely lad off the field and would always have a chat and drink with you afterwards. I was shocked and upset when Vinny told me that Pete was no longer with us. I can still picture us now challenge hard for an ariel ball and both of us ending up in a heap.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Pete's family and all his friends especially all the Addicks fans who travel with him and played alongside him.

God Rest Pete

I also send my best regards to all the Chalrton lads that I played against during the heyday of supporters club football when we had no mobiles, no internet and had to type everything on an electronic typewriter and walk to the nearest public telephone box to arrange the games. I have some press reports from our local Barnsley Chronicle newspaper of a couple of our games and I will try to add them on as attachments the next time I post.

Be great to hear from any of the lads that played and any stories especially regards the tournaments in Nottingham (Friends In Football) in the early 1990's.

Take care and good luck for the rest of the season.

Hope to see some of you in Barnsley next April.

Cheers Stuart Wraith (Jaffa)
  • Options
    Hi Stuart , Andy here petes bro. Thanks to your good self for the kind words also. As you have probably read in the post I left for Vinny its a shame we never got to meet up in your visit to the Valley a couple of weeks ago. I have been in touch with Vinny via e-mail and it would be great if maybe all the boys could meet up on April 26th 2008 when we travel tup the motorway to play you guys again, and you celebrate our return to the premiership with us . If you want to e-mail me also you can on andyloveridge@btinternet .com it would probably be easier to exchange phone No's etc from there. Loads a happy memories of them days , All the best Andy
  • Options
    Bloody hell...If Pete were here now he know's he would get burried for those shorts!!