Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To Loan or not to loan

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Latest article by Henry Irving

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=141

Comments

• Options
    Blimey!! If the rules on loans are that complicated & difficult to interpret, imagine what the rules on other subjects must be like. Who has the responsibility for reading, understanding & ensuring that all these rules are properly implemented? Is it the Fans Director? LOL.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Blimey!! If the rules on loans are that complicated & difficult to interpret, imagine what the rules on other subjects must be like. Who has the responsibility for reading, understanding & ensuring that all these rules are properly implemented? Is it the Fans Director? LOL.

Fortunately for everyone involved it's Chris Parkes the Club Secretary who has to get all the registrations and paperwork to the league and FA as well as a million other things. Top bloke Chris.
  • Options
    Debatable whether little Chris is benefitting from his loan as opposed to the Crewe switch. Whilst Dario's tuition was bound to help, Gillingham's coaching staff are bound to be inferior to our own. So it is a balancing act - the advantage of games at a reasonably high level against not neccessarily being taught the skills that he is lacking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]Debatable whether little Chris is benefitting from his loan as opposed to the Crewe switch. Whilst Dario's tuition was bound to help, Gillingham's coaching staff are bound to be inferior to our own. So it is a balancing act - the advantage of games at a reasonably high level against not neccessarily being taught the skills that he is lacking.

He's getting first team experience at Gilingham which is what he needs, at Crewe he wasn't starting and at Charlton he'd only be a reserve. He's scored four goals and when he returns hopefully his confidence will be sky high and he'll know a bit more about the pro-game.
  • Options
    Perhaps the advantage of Dickson getting games (& goals!) under his belt at a senior level, will teach him the discipline of team work and the mental strengths required -that professional cutting edge.

You can't really teach it or explain it, it has to be aquired through experience - playing games.

Alternatively, he could just bimble through the reserves with the youngsters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]Debatable whether little Chris is benefitting from his loan as opposed to the Crewe switch. Whilst Dario's tuition was bound to help, Gillingham's coaching staff are bound to be inferior to our own. So it is a balancing act - the advantage of games at a reasonably high level against not neccessarily being taught the skills that he is lacking.

All the time Iffy Onurwa (?spelling) remains at Gillingham that can only be good for Little Chris.

As a former striker himself he knows all the tricks of the trade.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Blimey!! If the rules on loans are that complicated & difficult to interpret, imagine what the rules on other subjects must be like. Who has the responsibility for reading, understanding & ensuring that all these rules are properly implemented? Is it the Fans Director? LOL.

Fortunately for everyone involved it's Chris Parkes the Club Secretary who has to get all the registrations and paperwork to the league and FA as well as a million other things. Top bloke Chris.

I once thought I would like to be a Company Secretary. We had a family friend who was one for a national company. As I looked into it I realised what a difficult and exacting job it was. I have since known many in national and multinational companies through professional work and I have yet to meet one who would fall below the epithet of "top" bloke.