Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFKA for fans director - the campaign starts here

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
All in favour say "aye".

AYE!

Comments

• Options
    "aye"

do I count though?

being his official stalker & all ??????????????????????
  • Options
    I nominate Large Addick
  • Options
    This is a great forum and community....

I'd like to think that the upcoming election of a fans director wont affect it-

I'd be keen to see people nailing their colours to the mast.......
  • Options
    It wouldn't surprise if Henry was kept on for another season, the last couple have all carried on past their term of office.
  • Options
    Blue man 4 champion!
  • Options
    LOL, not for me ta !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]It wouldn't surprise if Henry was kept on for another season, the last couple have all carried on past their term of office.

No way. two years is what it said and two years it is going to be.
  • Options
    Two Prem years tho, wasn't it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Two Prem years tho, wasn't it?

I wish!

Two years is what I was elected for and I always said I wouldn't stand again. I do think three years is a more realistic term for whoever come after me but any longer than that and I think it can get too cosy.

In any case it is up to the board to decide to hold another election. I think it would be a negative step and a real loss not to continue with the role in some form but I'm biased.
  • Options
    i think it would be a complete waste of space continuing with it in its current format, only my opinion though.

what's your thinking behind three years being better ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Presumably that you spend a significant chunk of your term in handover mode
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i think it would be a complete waste of space continuing with it in its current format, only my opinion though.

Well change it then son - you the man for the job. (though must say I am slightly disappointed that only KBslittlesis has backed my campaign so far!)
  • Options
    I think they should give it to Look Out then they might start to wake up to the fact that there are a few overseas supporters. Anyone seen my red card?
  • Options
    I nominate Danny Mills
  • Options
    afka go for it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I nominate Danny Mills[/quote]

Yep im with Carter then we could all do the bouncy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]It wouldn't surprise if Henry was kept on for another season, the last couple have all carried on past their term of office.

No way. two years is what it said and two years it is going to be.

No extended loan deal then Henry?

How many Supporters Directors over the age of 23 are allowed to be loaned in any one season?....Discuss...:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i think it would be a complete waste of space continuing with it in its current format, only my opinion though.

Enough time to get the hang of the role, build relationships, get long term projects underway and at least near to completion but not so long that it gets too cosy to the SD or the board.

If it does continue the role should be properly defined and its limitations/expectations set before the election, IMHO.

AFKA wouldn't win. Tallest person nearly always wins elections FACT. One one winning US president in the 20th Century has been shorter than his opponent and Bush had to fix the Florida to do it.
  • Options
    I think it is a tall order for AFKA to be honest.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Too many Charlton Fans don't seem to care about it as was proved at the last election.

One major reason was voting was inconvenient last time and needs to be made simpler. Stick a voting form in with the season ticket renewal forms along with candidates info and we can send it in with the renewal. On line season ticket renewals can also have a voting option added.

So to be trully representative of the ST fans of CAFC the opportunity to vote would be made simpler and convenient.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yep, and its a bit short notice to get his campaign underway
  • Options
    All I ask is NO spoilt ballot papers...;-)
  • Options
    Westside should run for this - bring some glamour to the role. Not that our Henry isn't glamorous of course...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Westside should run for this - bring some glamour to the role. Not that our Henry isn't glamorous of course...

He could be our very own Boris 'Shagger' Johnson

Agree with Brian on the convenience thing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bc_addick[/cite]Too many Charlton Fans don't seem to care about it as was proved at the last election.

One major reason was voting was inconvenient last time and needs to be made simpler. Stick a voting form in with the season ticket renewal forms along with candidates info and we can send it in with the renewal. On line season ticket renewals can also have a voting option added.

So to be trully representative of the ST fans of CAFC the opportunity to vote would be made simpler and convenient.

I agree about the voting slip in the ST or a ballot paper sent to each Adult ST holder. Should make it easier to vote and eliminate a lot of the spoilt ballots from children or from people voting 2, 3 or more times.

Only issue about doing with renewals would mean the campaign would have to run over the summer when there are few games and the free ST next year (we hope) may effect that.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

AFKA wouldn't win. Tallest person nearly always wins elections FACT. One one winning US president in the 20th Century has been shorter than his opponent and Bush had to fix the Florida to do it.

I heard on the BBC this morning that someone has done some research that has revealed that tall people are generally better paid than short arses and that something like 90-odd percent of the CEO's in the US Fortune 500 are over 6ft tall (though I dunno if that includes the women!).

Just think how much money AFKA would earn if he was even the average height for an Englishman??? I think that if he decides to stand for fans director - or should that be "when", not "if" - he should invest in a pair of these.