Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Four goals in one half

The last time we played at Molineux, we scored four goals in one half. I'm racking my brains for some other occasions when we managed this feat.

Other than the 7-6 win over Huddersfield (obviously), and the 5-3 comeback win over Barnsley in the 1980s, I'm struggling to think of any more. We may have done it at Newcastle to win 4-3, but not sure if our first goal maybe came in the first half.

Comments

• Options
    Barrness scored just before half time in that one.

I can't think of one either
  • Options
    four goals in two halves would be nice !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: newyorkaddick[/cite]The last time we played at Molineux, we scored four goals in one half. I'm racking my brains for some other occasions when we managed this feat.

Other than the 7-6 win over Huddersfield (obviously), and the 5-3 comeback win over Barnsley in the 1980s, I'm struggling to think of any more. We may have done it at Newcastle to win 4-3, but not sure if our first goal maybe came in the first half.

I can remember being 4-0 up at halftime, home to Oldham once, late 70's perhaps.
    Anti-climax 2nd half - finished 4-1.

1969, I remember us at Swindon, 0-0 halftime - and losing 5-0.
  • Options
    And here's another one - from the sticky today, which obviously no one reads.....(!)

Saturday 19th October 1985. Brighton & Hove Albion 3 (1) (Saunders 44, Keown 47, Wilson (pen)78) Charlton Athletic 5 (1) (Curbishley 26 90, Shipley 53, Lee 69, Flanagan 87). Goldstone Ground. Att: 11,543
  • Options
    What about Southampton at home 1st game of the season after the play off win when Sir Clive grabbed another hattrick.

That was 4 in the 1st half wasn't it
  • Options
    Stockport at home in the Championship season
  • Options
    I'm think the peterborough home and ipswich away 5-1's. In both games I think we went in at half time 1-1 with Phil Chapple having scored
  • Options
    West Brom at home in the play off season
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]What about Southampton at home 1st game of the season after the play off win when Sir Clive grabbed another hattrick.

That was 4 in the 1st half wasn't it
    Saints keeper sent off midway through second half, Clive then got the penalty and his other two against the non-keeper substitute. So at least 3 were second half.

Possibly Redfearn's best game for us that day!
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Home to Notts County - The day that Kim Grant got some worse stick than usual (putting it mildly). 1-1 at half time was followed up with 4 unanswered goals in the 2nd half.

The Peterborough game in the same season didn't include a 4 goal half (3 in the 1st, 2 in the 2nd).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2007
  • Options
    Definitely the home game against West Brom the year we won the championship. THat was the game I knew we were champions. Andy Hunt ran Matt Carbon absolutely ****ing ragged that night. Clive got a great header and even that useless toss Tiler got in on the act.

That was the last time we gave someone a proper panelling. I think there'll be a couple of those dished out this season