Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone been in the 'Celebration Suite' before?

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
We're in there on Tuesday for the Plymouth game, ahead of a friends wedding... anyone been in there? What's it like?

Comments

• Options
    Not last season
  • Options
    ????
  • Options
    !!!!
  • Options
    ((((((
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I'll give you a sensible answer - yes, was there for my birthday for the Leicester game. Typical Charlton hospitality, really - overall good fun. Very friendly staff (Theo Foley was the host), great seat in the West Stand (you have to keep a bit quiet there, though), food a bit hit or miss - when we were there the gateaux were bogging. Some people had cheese and biscuits instead, but we didn't get any as apparently you needed to pre-order it. Said it was table service for drinks, but had to go up to the bar a couple of times to start with. Mr W went to get me a glass of bubbly coz he's good like that, but they had to send out to one of the other suites for champagne glasses - think someone had forgotten to tell the bar that it is now called the Celebration Suite! And althought the Man of the Match isn't really meant to stop there, they tipped us off when he was coming through on his way to the main suite (it was our friend Danny Mills). Hope you enjoy it.
  • Options
    Excellent, thanks Weegie! Sounds like a good evening...

Bit worried about the quiet bit as Gumbo will be with us too ;-)

As for you other two melts.... do one
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Bit worried about the quiet bit as Gumbo will be with us too ;-)

Only kidding on that - I was as noisy as ever! Don't let the padded seats put you off!!
  • Options
    Used it yesterday and have to admit I will not partake again.

The food was alright, but is a fruit cocktail, a fry up, a tiny cake and as much coffee as you can drink worth the money. The view was fantastic and the seat was padded (nice if your suffer piles I would think), yet what annoyed me was my fellow lounge users, especially one bloke who moaned continuously all the way through the game.

Also messers Humphrey and Bumstead were around but did not put much effort into the entertaining. For my money i expected a song or soem magic tricks at least
  • Options
    Hmmm, sounds quite different to our experience there on Tuesday cfgs.

Food was pretty decent. Soup, roast chicken followed by choice of dessert. Tea, coffee free with a cash bar, beer being the standard £3 a pint.

Agree about the seats - view was awesome, shame about the atmosphere, but then the whole ground is suffering that problem at the moment.

Humphrey was there apparently, but we never saw him and he never came to our table.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Hmmm, sounds quite different to our experience there on Tuesday cfgs.

Food was pretty decent. Soup, roast chicken followed by choice of dessert. Tea, coffee free with a cash bar, beer being the standard £3 a pint.

To be honest I did think that we had chosen the wrong day, that better fare would be provided for a normal or evening kick off. Yet for what we got it was expensive to say the least, coupled with the lack of my seat (that has been molded by fat arse for over a decade) I did not enjoy the whole thing.

Saying that I wish all CAFC's matchday staff were as good as the lounge staff, who were excellent. Helpful and attentive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah can't fault the staff. Attentive like you say, drinks were ready on our table when we came back at half time... clearly too many staff in there and not enough in the kiosks for us peasants ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Yeah can't fault the staff. Attentive like you say, drinks were ready on our table when we came back at half time... clearly too many staff in there and not enough in the kiosks for us peasants ;-)

That's why you're paying a lot more!

Think Theo Foley said he was going back to Ireland for a golfing holiday - he was a pretty good host when we were there - got round all the tables several times. (Fortunately he'd forgotten that I'd asked him who he was on a previous occasion!)