Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Atmosphere Yesterday

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
I was disappointed yesterday with muted support that we gave to the team. Maybe it was because I was down at the front but it seemed that we were for the most part half-hearted when singing VFR etc. Why was that? I'm sure some will say its the Valley Gold experience or too many flasks but why was it different to other games I've been to this season, even Hull when we really didn't have many there, we were more vocal.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Dunno but the atmosphere was utter tosh yesterday. I dont go to as many games as i used to but that was absolute rubbish. The best part of yesterday was getting on the train back to euston..
  • Options
    A very shallow terrace, with supporters stretched out was the big reason. Songs and chants don't get dispersed in a sideways direction, more often than not people will respond to what they hear behind them.

Also I would add the stewards were far too OTT at getting people to sit down. I was over on the left hand side and got told to sit about 8 times. Why is it away fans at The Valley can do what they like whereas when we go away we're constantly told what not to do?

An anonymous Charlton performance inside a sterile ground made for a very poor afternoon all-round.
  • Options
    According to a Wolves mate, only Birmingham and Stoke make a good noise in that stand. Shame we didn't even try.
  • Options
    how many did we have up there???
  • Options
    Glad i never went now