Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dowie: Palace are a load of Rubbish

WSSWSS
edited October 2006 in General Charlton
CHARLTON boss Iain Dowie reckons his current squad are better than the Palace one he was relegated with.

Dowie's Eagles went down on the last day of the 2004-05 season, ironically after a late Jonathan Fortune goal in a 2-2 draw at The Valley.

And Dowie, whose Addicks are bottom of the Premiership after nine games, said: "I think I've got a better team here than when I went down with Palace.

"We've got players here Like Djimi Traore, Amady Faye, Luke Young and Darren Bent, all internationals. And also there's more experience, like Hasselbaink. There's lots of factors."

Comments

• i really like dowie and hope that i am able to still say that at the end of the season.
  • [cite] WestStandSinger:[/cite]CHARLTON boss Iain Dowie reckons his current squad are better than the Palace one he was relegated with.

Dowie's Eagles went down on the last day of the 2004-05 season, ironically after a late Jonathan Fortune goal in a 2-2 draw at The Valley.

And Dowie, whose Addicks are bottom of the Premiership after nine games, said: "I think I've got a better team here than when I went down with Palace.

"We've got players here Like Djimi Traore, Amady Faye, Luke Young and Darren Bent, all internationals. And also there's more experience, like Hasselbaink. There's lots of factors."

Love the headline followed by the article- are you a tabloid journolist by any chance??

;-)
  • An aspiring one maybe!

That's the type of headline The Sun would have though!
  • edited October 2006
    Get's you reading though doesn't it?!!!!
    [cite] PeakeysRocket:[/cite]i really like dowie and hope that i am able to still say that at the end of the season.
    Agree with that, he is like a breath of fresh air around the place. You have to admit his attacking brand of football is much more attractive than what we've been treated to over the last couple of seasons.

He's not everyone's cup of tea sure but what else do you do as a new man following in the footsteps of someone like Curbs? You have to do it differently.