Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many of us have actually been on the hallowed turf of the Valley

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2007
    last game of the season quite a few yerars back think it was aginst boro after we had lost 5v2 run on and managed to touch morts on the back.
  • Options
    I was on the pitcht the day of the clear up as and took part in the kick around that started up post clear up as anyone that know's me will probably know due to the framed picture of me keeping goal that was in the following days daily mirror .
  • Options
    You can go on the pitch before and after nearly every game. Just as Rothko to let you help him with the flag.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Charlton Life games in May - wasn't playing, but still managed to get on the pitch!

Me too, just the once. My son was one of the mascots and he was quite reluctant to come off the pitch ...
  • Options
    i think we were all on the pitch one night when we won against bristol city in the last home match to avoid relegation to the third division and again against preston when we got promoted...
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    twice, mascot against luton town in 1993 and after the yeovil cup game a few years back, picked up a clump of grass (the non illicit kind) as well!
  • Options
    3 end of season matches.
    'last' game v stoke.
    countless times during our exile, though to describe it as a pitch then is a bit wide of the mark.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I was on the pitch after the Stoke game in 1985
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Was anyone there for the big clear up when the return to The Valley was first announced?

(I wasn't for reasons I'm not divulging on here.)

Was there for the big clean up
    We had a publicity photo shoot for the Valley party in 1990, I crept on the pitch that day too.
    Charity game some years ago, my stepson did his cruciate ligament when he missed a sitter.
    Charlton Life game
    Flag folding duty twice after matches while the players were warming down.
  • Options
    Loads of times....

Was always an end-of-season pitch invasion in the good ole days......and the big clean up...
  • Options
    As gump says it was on always on the pitch after last game of the season:

Also:

Bolton when Hales almost single handedly helped us avoid the drop.
    Stoke - last game
    Charlton life tour
    Charlton life charity game

A few of the older lads might have been on the pitch after a Sunderland home game ..............I was young but seem to remember some post match activity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 times for me...scored twice and MOM once.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsys Up[/cite] and MOM once.
    omg fantasy land..... you make it up, just like your weight was shy a couple of stone
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsys Up[/cite]and MOM once.
    omg fantasy land..... you make it up, just like your weight was shy a couple of stone

You've got it in for me today!! I'm not going to nibble on your comments....just hit you when I see you next!!
  • Options
    Same as Oggy - May 75 after beating Preston and gaining promotion.
  • Options
    1) last game
    2) clean up day
    3) the day oohaah played, to give him grief
    4) at an open day to take a penalty against Nicky Johns (and scored!!)
    5) charity game, where i prevented Hillsy from getting MOM
  • Options
    Loads of times but one of the more interesting times was a few seasons back when they had the inflatable cover which was meant to prevent any games from being called off for bad weather. The media were there on the day and it did seem quite strange being under this cover on the pitch. The cover was quite high above the pitch. Can't remember the height but sufficiently enough to train and kick a ball around - that's if you could ever get permission from Paddy. I've heard Its now used and on the QT a waste of £200K. Mind you we've wasted a lot more money than that on players.......!