Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When deciding to wear illuminous boots.....

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
certain decisions should be made.

Mainly that no matter what level you are playing at, you should always be a grade above it. Your skills and flair will show up for all to see.

If you are not up to that level though, every one of your mistakes will be highlighted.

Worth remembering that in future Izale.....

Comments

• Options
    He won't get a start for a while now Sam is back, and Varney will go back up top
  • Options
    the best has to be that miss which wouldn't have counted anyway from 3 yards when flagged offside
    the bloke looks like he's playing a league or three above his ability
  • Options
    to be fair when he fell in the box in the second half he tripped over his twirling bow tie and I think his flower squirted him in the eye when he was goin to shot.
  • Options
    but lets slag off lisbie instead.
  • Options
    But Pards said McLeod looked great on YouTube????

And Bougherra??

And McCarthy???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]But Pards said McLeod looked great on YouTube????

And Bougherra??

And McCarthy???
    not forgetting varney , he looks great on you tube as well
    i'm afraid to say it but these pardoo signings are up there with dowies disasters
  • Options
    are you sure curbs didn't sign them?
  • Options
    You look great on youtube as well.
  • Options
    pards signings dont look good at all.ZZ and Big Chris apart I'm strugglin to think of a great one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]pards signings dont look good at all.ZZ and Big Chris apart I'm strugglin to think of a great one.
    dean ashton??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McCarthy's a great one
  • Options
    Moo2, Semedo - how can you say these two are not good signings?

Iwelumo does a great job alone up top

Mills, Sodje - great signings

McLeod and Bougie are still young and will improve

Paddy Mac I cannot defend (neither can he by the looks of it!!) and Varney have been disappointing so far but I see potential in Varney
  • Options
    got to say I am first to defend players but McLeod looked like Bambi on ice last night. Willing to give benefit of doubt but he's got to improve
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]pards signings dont look good at all.ZZ and Big Chris apart I'm strugglin to think of a great one.[/quote]
    dean ashton??[/quote]

I think Dean Ashton had already played in the Premier league at that point for Norwich. They were the ones who took him from Crewe I think.
  • Options
    It's funny you should mention boot colour AFKA. At about the mid way point in the second half, prompted by Izale's footwear, I had a look and only two Charlton players were wearing black boots. Orange, blue, red, white.... Maybe it's irrelevant but the thought that went through my head was Big Time Charlies.
  • Options
    Izales boots were pink...........PINK!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I think Pards signings have been pretty solid....apart from the two macs, McClown and McDonkey....2 out of 9-10 isnt bad....last season just about all the signings were poor for one reason or another...Reid included when you account for how many games he played in relation to the season etc. Anyway...its all gonna come good boys...starting this Saturday!
  • Options
    Jesus give McCleod a break!

If he had started every game then fair enough but he's made 1 start and 7 as sub. He's stepped up 2 levels and it will take him time to adjust. He just needs that first goal to get him going.

How is getting on his back going to help?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]How is getting on his back going to help?
    it could improve his balance?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]How is getting on his back going to help?
    it could improve his balance?

So far his balance, or the ability to lose it in the penatly box, is the once asset he's showed.

He's not looking great but not going to crucify him yet. He does have speed as well and he did score goals in Div 4. maybe if we set him up with chances like the first Plymouth goal his confidence will return.

Pards record at West Ham shows he likes to buy a lot of players. Some work out some don't. Let's hope the first, as Tel-in-OZ says, continue to outshine the latar