Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Mills

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
take a bow sunshine.

Always knew when we signed him he would 'give his all', but he's actually a much better footballer than i realised he was. Foreign position for him tonight, yet still stood out as arguably our best player. Him and Reid drove the team tonight.

I hope Off It buys you a frothy latte at New Eltham station the next time he sees you.. :-)

Comments

• Options
    how many bookings is he up to now cos we'll miss him big time once he reaches an automatic suspension
  • Options
    Mills was the last to get booked......

That's poor play Danny.
  • Options
    stiles needed 44 for bingo
  • Options
    Embarrassing though that Danny Mills was again our best player, and he was playing out of position. 9 others playing in their favoured position and they were outshone. Danny well done son, you're doing us all proud.
  • Options
    He is my hero this season and as much as I love Sir Chris I would rather have Danny at Left Back till Thatcher is fit.
  • Options
    You can't ask anymore of a loan player than Mills is giving us.

Very impressive.
  • Options
    He was class last night
  • Options
    Keep Mills at left-back.
    He's clearly a better option there than either Thatcher or Powell.
    He just looks a class above everybody else in this league.
  • Options
    I thought Mills was lucky to stay on the pitch last night - 4 elbows by my counting!
  • Options
    I've heard that Thatcher and Pards have had a run in and he's well out of favour at the moment...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Keep Mills at left-back.
    He's clearly a better option there than either Thatcher or Powell.

Until he tries to cross with his left foot.
  • Options
    Mills best striker and defender last night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]I've heard that Thatcher and Pards have had a run in and he's well out of favour at the moment...

how could they have had a run-in if he's still on the treatment table and fresh out of another operating theatre?
  • Options
    our best player... he's done great in each pos played!

very feckin STUPID for his yellow though!
  • Options
    apparently we've tried to sign a young Arsenal left back on loan who said no he didn't want to come to us..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: fazza[/cite]
    very feckin STUPID for his yellow though!

LOL, i thought it was funny, and just seemed to sum up the surreal, pantomine feel to the evening.
  • Options
    Danny Mills, what a pro and a great athlete....we would be mad not to try and sign him permanently.....Pards wasnt too impressed with Fortune last night...he had a few choice words to say...I was sitting right behind the dugout :-)
  • Options
    Totally committed display that put a few others to shame. Hope we get to sign him permanently when his loan deal ends.
  • Options
    agree, if a few others showed half his passion...
  • Options
    Would have played Mills at centre half last night, the only one with a bit of fight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i would have had a team of Danny Mills last night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]i would have had a team of Danny Mills last night.

Is Cory Gibbs injured, then.....? :o)
  • Options
    did,nt he score with his left foot last night . barn door lisbie ?
  • Options
    kind of score.....

Via the post and the keeper. Is he claiming it?????
  • Options
    He's been awesome and for f*ck sake get him a permanent contract sharpish because any Premiership club needing a right back could easily come in for him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]He's been awesome and for f*ck sake get him a permanent contract sharpish because any Premiership club needing a right back could easily come in for him.

i suspect we can't afford the contract, and would only be likely to on promotion.
  • Options
    I believe Man City are paying much of his wages.
    I suppose there is always the possibility of a deal with them to pay him a lump sum to get him off their books, then again what is in it for them, they may get someone else to take him and pay him, maybe even give him a fee.

He's been so good, that hopefully we are looking for some sort of compromise, but if I was in Danny's position I'd probably be thinking I'm really enjoying his football here and getting extremely well paid by Citeh .. why compromise?!
  • Options
    Player of the season so far without doubt. Well done Danny if you read this.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]i would have had a team of Danny Mills last night.

I was thinking that on Tuesday as well. It's not just his skill, but his attitude as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Player of the season so far without doubt.

Yet before the weekend, Andy Reid was romping it..... :-)