Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

this charlton station tactic

of keeping the london bound gates closed until the train pulls in and letting everybody stampede to get through the gates and rush down the platform...the first time i thought it was just a cock up but they did it again last night...i was standing at the back of a mass of fans in that darkly lit alleyway approach when the train came in and all of a sudden we made our way down to the gates, through them and had to go down the patform (some were running) to the train...cant the police and station staff see the flaw in their tatic ?

Comments

• Options
    Totally agree...last 2 night games I've noticed platform is packed waiting for 22.07 the board says it's only 4 carriages, confirmed by the guard, everyone crams into the front part of the platform..lo and behold a 10 carriage train turns up...they really are incompetent.
  • Options
    Extremely bad - I was at the front of the mass waiting to get to the platform to catch the 22.07 and I found access to the gates obstructed by a number of officers. The excuse I got was the platform was too crowded when the country end of it was clearly empty. However, I begin to wonder if the British Transport Police actually know anything about the railways they are supposed to police. Some time ago I rang them up on their free phone number 0800 40 50 40 to report an incident of trespass I witnessed and gave the precise location where it happened (Nunnery Main Line Junction) and they hadn't a clue where the place was.
  • Options
    Have to agree, it's at least the third time this has happened. The platform was rammers but I just headed towards the front of the train expecting it to be a 10 carriage. You can expect the wrong information once or twice but this is getting out of hand.
  • Options
    Complain using this link and demand an explanation - Southeastern aren't usually too bad at responding to complaints from my experience.

And make sure the club knows too, because it's supposed to have a "travel plan" for people to get to/from The Valley.
  • Options
    I hope they are better at responding to customer feedback than staff at Gillingham Depot are telling people when trains are longer than their usual diagrams.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite][url=http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/contact.php]Complain using this link[/url] and demand an explanation - Southeastern aren't usually too bad at responding to complaints from my experience.

And make sure the club knows too, because it's supposed to have a "travel plan" for people to get to/from The Valley.

Should this be some Sir Henry takes on (all a) board..whistle whistle!
  • Options
    TRAINSPOTTERS!!
  • Options
    Solidgone - yes. Time for an OI, HENRY!, I reckon. But the more complaints they get, the better, because treating people like that after a football match is f*ckwittery of the highest order.