Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time for change

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
drop ZZ. Waste of space. With Semedo sitting there as his minder he should be getting forward more but isn't. Reidy is more effective in the centre. We need more width so :

Sam Reid Semedo Thomas

up front we are too one dimensional with Iwelumo there. Defences are shit scared of pace. We need to run at defences and cause them problems. So :

McLeod & Varney

At the back we are a shambles. Don't know where to start. I'm not normally in favour of the square pegs for round holes approach but Millsy was excellant at left back last night so I'd keep him there. Boggie or Magic must be dropped. He's a disaster. I'd actually prefer McCarthy as at least he'll get his head and foot in and try to defend. Was excellant at Palace. However, I'd go with Sodje, so:

Moo2 Sodje Forch Mills.

There, that should do it.

PS Remember I know what I'm talking about, I've won a game at The Valley !!

Comments

• Options
    ZZ was ordinary last night but no worse than anybody else.

He got an ankle injury towards the end against Wolves and I wonder whether that impeded him last night?

For me he is excellent. If we play 4-5-1 I think he will look even better.
  • Options
    I've been singularly unimpressed all season. A foreign Ambrose in my opinion.
  • Options
    no... he can't be THAT bad!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I've been singularly unimpressed all season. A foreign Ambrose in my opinion.

you must watch a completely different game to me....
  • Options
    me too

I like ZZ he links up really well covers a lot of ground wouldn't change the midfield much other than Sam coming back in.

Large did you watch Mcleod last night he was fing laughable how bad he was. I agree we need pace but you got to be able to do someting with the ball once you've arrived.
  • Options
    ZZ is much better than Ambrose. No contest!!!
  • Options
    Its getting Cold .... I think MOO and ZZ were fcuk this, its freezin
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]ZZ is much better than Ambrose. No contest!!!

not saying much though is it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]ZZ was ordinary last night but no worse than anybody else.

For me he is excellent. If we play 4-5-1 I think he will look even better.

True but he was the only one that let the ball go through his legs which led to their second goal.

Maybe if he has taken a bit of a knock we should give him a rest on saturday.

I agree with Large, Reid rarely stays wide left so rather than exposing the left back with his wandering, why not move him into the middle (where he clearly wants to play) with Semedo and have Thomas and Sam on the wings.

I'd stick with Varney and Big Chris up front.
  • Options
    at least mcClown got an assist last night all be it for them .... how anyone can consider him ever playing for us beggars belief unless we want to do a leeds and win more matches and have new grounds to go to blah blah blah
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    zz is pretty aimless,and will never score goals
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]zz is pretty aimless,and will never score goals[/quote]

That would be apart from the three he already has scored this season I 'm guessing? :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    why doesn't Racon get a look in anymore? Pards was bigging him up the other day but doesn't even make the bench despite 2 midfielders (Ambrose & Sam) being unavailable. it might be the time for 4-5-1 just as long as Reid or ZZ do actually support Iwelumo or whoever up front, otherwise we'll just be hoofing long balls up for Chris to head to nobody.
    oh come to think of it that happens already ..... scrap all i've said
  • Options
    i love these calls for 4-5-1 when curbs used it, in a much higher standard of football, it was a negative thing but it's ok now !!
  • Options
    Thing is 4-5-1 at Old Trafford is different to 4-5-1 to QPR at home.

People think its negative and its not.

Play your best 11 players, if it happens that 2 forawrds doesnt fit into that plan, so be it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i love these calls for 4-5-1 when curbs used it, in a much higher standard of football, it was a negative thing but it's ok now !!

It's wasn't the formation that was negative, it was the way Curbishley played it.

You could play as many strikers as you like but if you send them out with a defend first mentality then you will get negative football.

As Southend says, play to the strength of your players. If 4-5-1 suits them better then play it.