Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

police 'chase' last night on shooters hill

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
anyone see it? I got caught up in it and very nearly hit as a police car smashed into the car behind who had tried to turn off - they were pursuing a blue focus. Police BMW looked a write off! Luckily no one badly hurt somehow..

Comments

• Options
    I heard it was the fashion police after rothko............
  • Options
    yeah wasn't very funny at the time mate I can tell you.
  • Options
    I was there.

All I saw was a car quite properly turning right and then it got hit by the police car which was bombing up the wrong side of the road with it's blue lights flashing.

I had no idea what they were chasing as we were stationary.

One of the coppers spoke to me and then let me go as I'd seen nothing of the car they were chasing.

Were you in the 4 wheel drive thing by the lights?
  • Options
    Why do police insist on doing these police chases for a car that is probably insured and will likely be dumped once the scorat inside gets bored and the only damage is to the locks etc whereas these damned chases risk the lives of innocent people like razil and len and invariably end up in a crash causing no end of damage

Unless of course they were chasing someone wanted for something else then that's different
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I was in a grey freelander 4x4 just in front, I had my hazards on. A blue Focus had gone by at no big speed on the outside a some seconds earlier - they wanted the reg, like you bother noting the reg of other peopls cars for no reason. I didn't think the police were going that fast, but it all kinda happened in slow motion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I was in a grey freelander 4x4 just in front, I had my hazards on. A blue Focus had gone by at no big speed on the outside a some seconds earlier - they wanted the reg, like you bother noting the reg of other peopls cars for no reason. I didn't think the police were going that fast, but it all kinda happened in slow motion.

I was behind you.

I saw someone with a Charlton top, presumably from your vehicle, standing on the pavement talking to one of the policemen.

Once I was told I could go I pulled round you and went on my way.
  • Options
    na only me and I didnt get out, I drove off before anyone else I think after giving the plod my details.
  • Options
    edited December 2007