Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Innocence is bliss....

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Took my 6 year old girl to Charlton the other night.

In the 2nd half she turns to me and says;

"What are those symbals next to players names?"

I reply "Footballs they are next to the players who have scored"

After another 15mins when Hayles has gone off for Plymouth she says.....

"Dad where has one of the footballs gone for the other team?"
I reply "Well the player who has scored for Plymouth has been taken off and replayced by another player"

Her reply is then........This is a belter.................."YES DOES THAT MEAN ITS GONE BACK TO 1-1" ............LOL!! I WISHED!!

Comments

• Options
    Bless
  • Options
    ha ha i think this should be written into the rules yes it should have gone back down
  • Options
    when i took my 11 yr old when he was six at half time he was like ok let's go. I said no we got to watch the other half he said "but dad you said we were only watching one game".
  • Options
    Took my 8 year old nephew to his first away game. When we got back his mum asked him if he'd enjoyed it. He told her "yes it was good" She then asked what we'd been doing. He said " All the way there everyone was saying what was going to happen in the game. All the way home they just talked about what had gone wrong"

Out of the mouths of Babes....
  • Options
    I walk to the ground with my 7 year old niece a lot. When asked what the score is going to be, its normally 99-0, but occassionally its going to be 1-0, 2-1 etc. Always feel suckered into putting a bet on.

Of course, it never comes in !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]He told her "yes it was good" She then asked what we'd been doing. He said " All the way there everyone was saying what was going to happen in the game. All the way home they just talked about what had gone wrong"

Classic.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]when i took my 11 yr old when he was six at half time he was like ok let's go. I said no we got to watch the other half he said "but dad you said we were only watching one game".[/quote]

That reminds me of a very funny story about the former Premier of New South Wales, Bob Carr.

Carr was a high-brow intellectual who HATED all sports with a passion but in sports mad Oz had to be seen to be a fan in public so as not to look too out of touch with the ordinary punters.

Anyway, he was forced to attend an Australia - New Zealand Rugby League test match at the Sydney Football Stadium and actually walked into the guest of honour box holding a highbrow historical book about the American Civil War, announcing, "I thought I might as well catch up on some reading while I was here." He wasn't joking.

So, the game goes ahead with Bob discretely reading his book and then the half time siren goes off and the crowd starts drifting away to get a beer, pie or go for slash.

Of course, there was the obligatory half-time function for sponsors and VIP's where Carr was supposed to make a presentation and do some other ceremonial stuff but he was nowhere to be found and eventually one of his staff phoned him on his mobile.

"Mr. Premier, where are you?" the staff member said.

"I'm in the car with the driver, he's taking me home now that bloody game's finished," Carr said.

"But Mr Premier, the game is not over, there is still the second-half to come," replied the staffer.

"What do you mean not over? It must be over, I saw them all walking off the bloody pitch!" Carr replied, "I am not coming back there to watch any more of that rubbish tell them that I have gone home sick!"
  • Options
    The first game I took my daughter to, who's now 6, was the cup game against Yeovil a couple of seasons ago. She got right into the game, so much so that he insisted that me and Reddy Rascal clapped the Yeovil substitutes ....
  • Options
    took my godson who was then about 7 to a game, who told everyone it was 2-0 to the other team as he didn't realise the teams swapped ends at half time. awww how sweet.

he now supports chelsea and is 14. grrr.