Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

another Premier League darling refereeing on Saturday

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Lee Probert is taking a trip to the Championship

Comments

• Options
    Well hopefully he won't have as big an ego as Mr Styles. Shouldn't think he would because he's not been on the scene as long. But only time will tell.
  • Options
    he's not a bad referee and at least he has come from the Championship shores lately.
  • Options
    let's not worry about the ref lads and lasses
    whatever you think of Styles - nothing he did on Tuesday contributed to our defeat
    he didn't pick the wrong side (Varney on the right wing), defend badly for the goals or miss the chances that our strikers did etc.

we should be able to beat QPR at home regardless of how the ref performs

if we can't then the blame has to go on the men in red shirts not the chap in the black...
  • Options
    agreed
  • Options
    Well said.
  • Options
    totall agree Kinveachy but he ruined the bloody game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]totall agree Kinveachy but he ruined the bloody game

He did ruin it but had we taken our chances and won it would we be bothered to the same degree?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]whatever you think of Styles - nothing he did on Tuesday contributed to our defeat
    disagree 100%, i take Carlsberg's view on the night.

Once players realise they are not getting any joy from the referee it affects their morale. yes, players should be more professional but anyone who has played the game knows that if decisions are not going your way all night then you get fed up and the "oh whats the point?" thought goes through your head
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]whatever you think of Styles - nothing he did on Tuesday contributed to our defeat
    disagree 100%, i take Carlsberg's view on the night.

Once players realise they are not getting any joy from the referee it affects their morale. yes, players should be more professional but anyone who has played the game knows that if decisions are not going your way all night then you get fed up and the "oh whats the point?" thought goes through your head

Can understand that in park football, maybe, but no excuse at all for professionals to take that attitude. And anyway, weren't the Plymouth fans booing him too?
  • Options
    Of course it affects the players on the pitch!

Every time styles blews on that bluddy whistle he stopped us playing our home game ....
    stopping us getting posession and gaining confidence, and turning it around.

so yes he did affect the feckin game! anyone who can't partition some blame on that numpty wasn't watching the same match i was.

i reckon if we were allowed to play , the quality of our top players would have grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and dug in. Look at Reidy... he was trying so hard but gave up with 20 mins to go. Instead he diverted his attention to getting a booking through dissent!

Don't get me wrong... there were plenty of failings from our side, (check out the cold light of day thread) but please, at least some blame goes to that nobber!?!?!?