Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TODDY SHOCKER !!

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
out for the season according to SLP. Cruciate knee damage.

Comments

• Options
    christ, that's not good.

Different to what we have, and gave good balance to the squad. Will be missed.
  • Options
    On the os now , bollox
  • Options
    We should send a video of the challenge to the FA showing what a great game Styles had, challenge not even worthy of a booking yet he was hacked from behind.

The Loss of Todorov is a Massive blow & could seriously affect our chances this season.
  • Options
    Ahh, that's a nightmare. Although he has limitations, he definitely adds something special to the team. Especially coming off the bench. Was a big factor in the comeback against Wednesday and of course, that goal at Palace.
  • Options
    Kluivert wouldnt have got injured.

JFH and Fowler banging them in as well...
  • Options
    fug
  • Options
    recall Dickson NOW.
  • Options
    Our strikeforce looks decidely weak now. Big Chis, Varney & McLeod; that's it!! We probably need to recall both Dickson & Walker from their respective loans, although neither can ever replace Toddy's experience. That is really SH*T news & puts a big dent in our promotion prospects.
  • Options
    That indeed is bad news!
  • Options
    Awful News, was gonna be a bif part of a succesful season if we were to have one i'm sure of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is awful, with Varney and McLeod looking useless, i cant see us offering much going forward.Time to hit some form lads....
  • Options
    4-5-1 has to be a real consideration now.....

Congratulations to Mr Styles for clamping down on the worst challenge of the match.....

One of our few players with genuine quality - gone.
  • Options
    Oh terrific just f***ing terrific AAARRRRGH!!!
  • Options
    I hate to say this but he won't play for us again as only on a year long contract and, even worse for him, at his age and with his history of injuries it could be a career ending one. Hope the Plymouth defender is happy with himself. A crude challenge that even Holloway said was bad.
  • Options
    Are things sufficiently desperate to recall Marcus Bent?
  • Options
    no way
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Are things sufficiently desperate to recall Marcus Bent?[/quote]

No!

It's a shame for Toddy but I think that could be the end of him as a footballer altogether. The 3 ACL's he's done now.

Admittedly I was not his biggest fan but I hate to see a player in that situation - get well soon Toddy!
  • Options
    ....it aint the end of the world - see Sticky about The Boat.
  • Options
    don't you only have two ACL's?

he may have done the same one twice though of course.. doh..
  • Options
    I take no pleasure in saying this but

a) That might be us fooked

b) Might be the end of Toddy

Absolutely gutted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It'll be sad to see his career over so early, he showed at the start of the season he's still got a great touch and smart feet, would liked to have seen him play a role in getting us up this season but looks like it isnt to be.
  • Options
    It's a loss. He's a decent player who brought something different to the party but lets keep it in perspective.

He was never going to be a regular starter for us and losing him doesn't have the same impact as losing say a Darren Bent or a Scott Parker.

If our promotion hopes were resting on the shoulders of Todorov (as some seem to be suggesting) then we were already in trouble.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]It's a loss. He's a decent player who brought something different to the party but lets keep it in perspective.

He was never going to be a regular starter for us and losing him doesn't have the same impact as losing say a Darren Bent or a Scott Parker.

If our promotion hopes were resting on the shoulders of Todorov (as some seem to be suggesting) then we were already in trouble.

Agreed. I wasn't sure about him when he signed. He proved me wrong and brought a bit of sparkle, but the squad must be able to overcome this - these things happen in football all the time. Best wishes to him for a full recovery.
  • Options
    I think we may well see ZZ pushed further forward now with Racon coming into midfield or maybe Thomas brought back in on the left with Reid tucking into the middle of the park.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    sh*t - our best striker I reckon.

I'd like us to recall Marcus Bent as he is far better than some of the alternatives, but we do not have the option.

I don't think Varney and McLeod are good enough, hope they prove me wrong,.
  • Options
    If Todorov is the difference between us going up or not, then we're not that good a side.

We've still got 4 strikers, Varney will do it in this division, McLeod has the potential and Dickson is a wild card.
  • Options
    From what I have heard Marcus Bent is not impressing the punters or chairman at Wigan so I would not rule out an early re-call of the shagmeister by any means.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]We should send a video of the challenge to the FA showing what a great game Styles had, challenge not even worthy of a booking yet he was hacked from behind.

The Loss of Todorov is a Massive blow & could seriously affect our chances this season.

Yeah, f*cking w*nker!!
  • Options
    I feel gutted for him - the last few seasons wrecked by injury, just when he gets fit, the cruciate goes again. Poor sod.
  • Options
    yeah not the best news we could ahve hoped for..rahther have heard and izzie mc had been hurt and was pnow having to put his feet up for the rest of the season. at least gibbs has got someone to play cards with now.