Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loan Striker?

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
With the news Toddy is out for the season anyone else think we look a tad lightweight up front now? With McCleod and Varney clearly lacking confidence in front of goal and Dickson still learning at The Jills (Leave him to learn down there trust me he needs it, plus no good bringing him back as a saviour if he has a poor first couple of games he'll be ripped apart just look at Izzy) it leaves only 3 Strikers really. I'd say a loan signing would be imperative, the only question is who's available?

Comments

• Options
    PS- Pards if you're reading this I'm available to do a job Saturdays and mid week but any Sunday games could be difficult as i'm currently contracted elsewhere!
  • Options
    I hear that Mike Small is available.
  • Options
    Bendtner?
    Larsson?

Either of these two from Arsenal would be good
  • Options
    Let's face it, they way they are at the moment - ANYONE from Arsenal would be good, even the tea lady!
  • Options
    Larsson's signed permanently at Birmingham, plus Bendtner turned down a second loan and Brum this this season so can't see him going back on it to drop a division with us.
  • Options
    Shame we missed out on all these youngsters Man U just sent out on loan.
  • Options
    I've heard that Izzy McLeod's on fire at the moment?
  • Options
    We desperately need someone on loan now...and preferably an 'older head' with experience....got enough young'uns really.

don't ask me who though, but there must be a few knocking about at prem clubs unable to get a game at the moment.
  • Options
    Is there a danger that M Bent will be recalled or is that a done deal??

David Nugent on loan?

Maybe a bit ambitious eh.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Bendtner?
    Larsson?

Either of these two from Arsenal would be good

get with it fella - Larsson gone perm to Birmingham and Van Persie out for 6 weeks so AW won't let Bendtner go now.

how about that Spurs fella we were linked with
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Collins John for me.

Out of favour at Fulham, can't see us attracting anyone better.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Collins John for me.

Out of interest, was Collins John at Fulham at the same time as John Collins?

That would've made for a confusing teamtalk!
  • Options

Just gone to Leicester for 3 months! He would have been high on my list too.
  • Options

Hasn't he just gone to Leicester or did it not go through?
  • Options
    whoops, snap!
  • Options
    Great minds Weegie!
  • Options
    We obviosly keep up with the news more than AFKA, eh, RASE7?

(Still doesn't solve the striker problem...)
  • Options
    bloody hell leicester did well to get collins john without a manager!
  • Options
    FCUK IT JUST READ TODDYS OUT 4 SEASON.BIG BIG TROUBLE
  • Options
    p.s. what about darius vassell (don't laugh), heavily out of favour, needs a resurrection of his career, still quick and was once useful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd take Vassell all day long, just whether or not he'd be willing to drop down. On the other hand he's quite similar to what we have i suppose, I think the call for an older more experienced head might be just right.
  • Options
    i saw leaburn - tell u what that ain't a bad shout
  • Options
    rob earnshaw ,scores lots of goals in championship could do a job for us,good in the box, quick, runs at defences.
  • Options
    What about Darren Bent?

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]What about Darren Bent?

;-)

if only eh !!!
  • Options
    Jason Roberts from Blackburn would be a fantastic loan if we could get him. I know he want to come back to London but not sure if he would drop down....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I hear that Mike Small is available.

Oh horrid horrid thought!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Jason Roberts from Blackburn would be a fantastic loan if we could get him. I know he want to come back to London but not sure if he would drop down....

that's a great call
  • Options
    Doesn't look like we'll be getting anyone on loan just yet.

Alan Pardew rued his side's missed opportunities after their second successive Championship defeat against Plymouth Argyle on Tuesday. And with Svetoslav Todorov now ruled out for the entire season, the Addicks manager is challenging his remaining strikers to come to the fore.

"The most important thing is that we use it as a spur, not an excuse," he said of losing Todorov to a ruptured cruciate ligament.

"We've got three other strikers. One of them has started very well in Chris Iwelumo, now the other two have an opportunity to step up to the plate, and I'll be looking for a reaction from them this weekend."

Of a potential loan transfer to fill the void, Pardew said: "I don't think that would be fair because in all honesty Izale McLeod hasn't had a run in the team and Luke Varney filled in for us out wide in midweek, and he really hasn't had a great run yet."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite] Of a potential loan transfer to fill the void, Pardew said: "I don't think that would be fair because in all honesty Izale McLeod hasn't had a run in the team and Luke Varney filled in for us out wide in midweek, and he really hasn't had a great run yet."

Or in other words "i've been phoning round the world so much my mobile has blown up. All i could seem to attract was a one-legged striker from Cambodia, and a 62-year old Teddy Sheringham. And i couldn't afford Teddy"