Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bad news about Toddy but could it be a blessing in disguise?

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Maybe play ZZ up behind Iwelumo and move Reidy into the middle with Semedo and play Thomas and Sam on the wings?

So a 4-4-1-1 formation

Then we have Varney or McClown to come on if ZZ is tired OR drop him back into the middle, remove a midfielder and play a conventional 4-4-2

That's the beauty of a utility player like Zhi - he is useful in a variety of positions (jack of all trades, master of none!!)

Comments

• Options
    Blessing in disguise!!!!

*sighs*
  • Options
    We made this mistake last year. ZZ is not an attacking player, in fact, im suprised we havent seen him given a go at centre back given our problems and the fact thats where he used to play for China.His enthusiasm and energy will mean he gets away with it for a few games, but his lack of finishing instinct will get shown up soon enough if we try and play him in an advanced position.
  • Options
    Absolute disaster, but we have to use what we've got left.
    Yep, put ZZ up front with big Chris (Both good in the air) Play Sam and Thomas on the wings to provide the crosses.
    Lets get some height and strength in the midfield as well by moving Boogie in there.
    Try Sodje with Fortune or Donkey. Or even move Danny boy to centre half with Semedo at left back. Racoon then slots into midfield.
    There, all sorted.
  • Options
    How anyone can describe losing a quality player as a blessing in disguise I'll never know.
  • Options
    agree Ketters especailly as he brought something different to the party.
  • Options
    Gutting. Under used in his short Charlton career (he was on a 1 year deal) in my opinion. A football brain that could have done a lot more damage if he'd had a better run of games. BRING BACK DICKSON!

I will be patient with McLeod, but from what I've seen of Dickson, despite him being a bit more raw, he's far more a naturl scorer and may help our cause in the next few games.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]How anyone can describe losing a quality player as a blessing in disguise I'll never know.

it's like saying losing a quality manager like curbs is a blessing in disguise........................
  • Options
    I made my feelings about Toddy known a while ago and got flamed for it but I really don't consider it a huge loss. We should have sufficient quality to absorb this kind of thing.

If it means we drop Dickson in at the deep end at the end of the year then so be it

He may have a fantastic footballing brain but we don't have enough intelligent players around him to make the most of it.

McLeod will come good soon...have faith
  • Options
    Move Boogie onto the middle to give us some height? He had three headers all game on tue. I suggest moving him to the bench and giving Sodje a go.
  • Options
    Sodje - that guy's got springs for legs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sodje the Salmon
  • Options
    Salmon don't have legs.
  • Options
    Blessing in disguise...please!

I'd play 4-5-1 with Semedo, Reid, ZZ, Sam and Thomas then up front Varney or Iwelumo. Get Sam and Thomas supporting front man. Think that midfield would create a hatful of chances and has goals in them.

Shame for Todorov I liked what he was about, big miss.