Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone here actually "know" and players? Past or present

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
I knew a couple from youth team days but better still, my step-mum's father was Jack Shreeve (John Thomas Thornton Shreeve) who played in both of the FA Cup Finals.

Mum still has the medal at home - I wonder what it's worth!

Comments

• Options
    "King" Arthur Horsefield lives about 5 doors down from me.
  • Options
    Leigh Hales not really a player though couple of ressie matches
  • Options
    At least 30 (we do the photography for the vets team).
  • Options
    I work with the neice of Stuart Leary, if that counts?
  • Options
    Used to drink with the original David Campbell, played cricket against Les Berry, Gritty and Colin Powell in the past.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Used to drink with the original David Campbell, played cricket against Les Berry, Gritty and Colin Powell in the past.
    Are the lovely Downham and Bellingham CC. They were as much a cricket club as a drayhorse is a thoroughbred !
  • Options
    Family have known Mark Penfold for as long as I can recall
  • Options
    used to go to school with garry nelsons daughter and still chat to her a bit

was next to simon royce for a days fishing while he was with us, when we won the championship he had one of them nationwide banners saying champions habging out of his house window
  • Options
    Have drunk in The Hardy in Greenwich market with Andy Hunt a few times - mutual friend was landlord (and by drunk, I do mean sit at same table and talk to, rather than stare at from across the bar!). Andy's mate Russ used to play regularly for CIFC and his brother also joined us for a game vs Norwich supporters many moons ago....couldn't get Andy to turn out tho :-(
  • Options
    Used to knock about with Jamie Stuart , played cricket with Mark Penfold and against Steve Gritt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2007
    when whispers go wrong
  • Options
    Went to school with Lee Power and played in the same kids team as him.

He went on to become a professional footballer, was capped for the Republic of Ireland at under-21 and B level, played for Charlton in the first game back at the Valley, set up a publishing company and is now chairman of Cambridge United.

I discovered alcohol.
  • Options
    Had a beer with Darren Randolph a few times a very good friend of mine was competing with him for Ieland U21 Keeper spot.
  • Options
    I used to get tickets off Steve Thompson or John Pearson when we were at S***hurst. Also knew George Shipley, John Humphrey, Colin Walsh, Bob Bolder, John Pender, Jim Melrose , Lawrie Madden, Phil Ferns & Leigton Phillips.
  • Options
    Gary Anderson is in my "soccer" team over here, a multi millionaire but also a very nice, unassuming friendly chap. His son is a very good player & they much prefer the real football to gridiron - which is kind of funny when you realise just how famous he is at his own sport.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Anderson
  • Options
    Played against the great Carl Leaburn many times as a kid up to the age of about 16, think his team were called Falcons.