Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Need some help against QPR

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
As part of the XFM Breakfast Show Free Marketeer challenge (www.xfm.co.uk ),
and with a little help from you, we could manage to win some money for the Demelza House charity (supported by CAFC) trying to build a new children’s hospice in Eltham (and also have a moment of silly glory...).

all you have to do is sing this song loud enough to get it heard on TV at the QPR game this Sat

So please sing along!

(to the tune of Dogtanian – remember the 80’s cartoon?)

One for all and all for one, Marketeers are always ready.
One for all and all for xfm, do it for the money.
One for all and all for one, it's a breakfast show.
Sharing everything with fun. That's the marketeers.

Thanks for your help
Viking Ben

Comments

• Options
    there is more chance of getting:

"Stand up if you love Jordan" than that!
  • Options
    Are GCap that skint?
  • Options
    err, thanks but no thanks Ben.

Always cyncial when charity is used as an excuse for marketing. And surely all your media luvvies could of come up with a better ditty ???
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2007
    its more and more ridiculous every time i read it!

(Sorry VB, i know you're just doing your job)
  • Options
    Would we get to wear large black comedy fake mouse ears while we were singing it?
  • Options
    If that's Viking Ben's job, he'd better get back to dishing up those fries in McD's.

If we were to sing songs promoting Xfm, it'd have to be the same song every five f*cking minutes as well, because that's all you hear on the station. A lusty chorus in favour of Radio 2 would be much better.
  • Options
    One for all and all for one, its a crappy ditty.
    One for all and all for xfm, worse than Chester City.
    One for all and all for one, it's a massive NO.
    Cocking up their marketing. XFM Breakfast Show.

Na, na, na, na, na, na
    Your listener figures aren't surging
    Na, na, na, na, na, na
    Your just a poor man's Virgin.....
  • Options
    excellent work, AFKA.
  • Options
    It's terrible - it doesn't even scan.

I used to love xfm but it seems to have gone into terminal decline, becomes more mainstream and repetitive by the day. BBC6 Music is where it's at nowadays.

And I think GCAP are recovering slightly but their last couple of sets of results have been really poor, so yes, they probably are that skint.
  • Options
    I know nothing about marketing but to me that smacks of absolute desperation and is very, very cheap using the premise of maybe possibly giving money to a charity.

More chance of getting shit out of a rocking horse in my opinion
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    More chance of getting shit out of a rocking horse in my opinion

or wringing water out of a burning matress, as a Sun columnist used today.
  • Options
    can i just say, that XFM are running a competition at the mo to see who can get the most free publicity for the breakfast show, every morning people are changing names by deed poll, getting tattoos, getting announcements on the underground, all sorts. its a little fun gimmick that their budget is 10k for marketing and they decided the marketing team wasn't doing enough so they have put it out to the viewers to get as much free publicity as possible.

its a bit of light hearted fun, and the breakfast show gave those words (i think they're meant to be a bit crap for a laugh) to Ben so he could try to get as many people as possible to sing and if he gets a few people to do it and to sing, he is in with a chance of winning the 10k.

I'm not sure Ben explained it properly, as a breakfast show listener (I know the station has gone down hill, but the breakfast show makes me laugh for half an hour each morning - saturday night 9-1 has a funny dj on it too!) i have been racking my brain for marketing ideas anyway for a laugh, and heard about this and thought it would be hard to get the fans to sing even anything more than a 3 syllable chant and a couple of claps, but its not a rip off, the club has informed ben of the charity of Charlton's choice.
  • Options
    Blimey, all the poor guy wanted to do was to win £10K and you're slagging off his song writing abilities!

As for XFM....it's a comp, people enter....dunno about you lot, but I'd love £10k to be handed over to me for winning a comp, whatever it is (within reason of course)...
  • Options
    why don't they get us to sing X-F-M-X-F-M in the same dreary manner as we do to C-A-F-C-C-A-F-C
  • Options
    cos it actually has to say in the piece of marketing "the xfm breakfast show with alex zane"

apparently some bloke has changed his name to 104.9 and his surname is now alex zane.

i know. mad.
  • Options
    Apologies then Ben,

as a Heart listener (ooh yeah), i'm clearly not up on these things.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Apologies then Ben,

Poor play! Its all about Johnny Vaughn in the mornings! Welshy is a hero!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Apologies then Ben,

Poor play! Its all about Johnny Vaughn in the mornings! Welshy is a hero!

Christian O' Connell on Virgin is where the action is :-)
  • Options
    i didnt write the song either that was xfm, i just came up with the idea, and thought i could help out a charity that CAFC supported.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Viking Ben[/cite]i didnt write the song either that was xfm, i just came up with the idea, and thought i could help out a charity that CAFC supported.
    Thats fair play mate, it's only banter and we know how important Demelza is to CAFC and us as supporters.

Honestly though, something in this vain would never work without huge coverage. Get MCS to shave XFM into his beard though - that could raise a few quid!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I knew the tune, I'd be more inclined to want to sing along to it
  • Options
    I'm with NSUltra - Virgin all the way!
  • Options
    Furry muff, it's still a gash effort though!! ;-)

And AFKA I am actually disgusted at you for admitting listening to heart!!! I bet you listen at your desk and hum the words and do the hand jive dance when no-one is looking!!

Bam Bam and Streetboy were the only thing to listen to in the mornings but they gone to a night time shift on crapital and mornings in a CD or ipod only zone now.
  • Options
    Chris Moyles...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Chris Moyles...

ooooh i love these 'finish my sentence' games.

.....is a knob.
    ....needs a slap
    ....is crap

have I won? :-)
  • Options
    if the club is up for it and demelza are going to benefit then how about the words going up on the tv screen in the corner of the ground and the tune being played over the tannoy ?...
  • Options
    club has agreements with other local radio stations, bbc kent etc, and can't be seen to endorse other radio stations.
  • Options
    they said no due to legal issues, what with them having a contract with the bbc. as for the tune it can be found at: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.fish2/Dogtanian/dogtanianthemetune.htm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Chris Moyles...

is great, but also a rip off of Nick Abbot
  • Options
    nice one Suzi,

The last time i listen to that idiot was when he used to do a late friday slot on Capital and even then he was tosh