Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newcastle v Charlton Match Reaction

2»

Comments

• Options
    HH is another Curbishley mistake. We got rid of one of the best left backs around when we got rid of Konchesky in order to accomodate HH, who isn't really a left back. HH is a centre-back, possibly past his best. Konchesky is still a very good left back - better even than Traore in my opinion. I was totally against getting rid of Konch at the time and he would have stayed if he'd been playing. We could have then used the money we used on Triore getting a decent central midfielder or attacker now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]HH is another Curbishley mistake. We got rid of one of the best left backs around when we got rid of Konchesky in order to accomodate HH

Lol, thats cheered me up! Konch is rubbish, thats why we sold him. 2 mill we got for that retard, he had a storming first year for westham, now he is that very same frustrating konch that we no!

Thanks Jim
  • Options
    I'm glad it made you laugh. Opinions do differ. Liverpool fans remarks about Triore sound like yours about Konch. We'll have to wait and see about him. Do you seriously prefer HH at left back to Konchesky? I wonder what other Lifers think.
  • Options
    Up until this season I would have said HH rather than Konch as a left back. However I think this season HH has lost half a yard and Konch would be the better bet if he was still with us. In my view Konch was much better as a midfielder than he was a full back when he was with us.
  • Options
    and Konch never wanted to stay
  • Options
    Konch makes a good wing back, but he's still too ropey positionally for the traditional full back role in a 4-4-2. It's a shame that he was so fixed on being a full back, as I think if he'd worked harder on his crossing and attack play, he'd have had a much better shot of a place in the England squad, albeit as the new Phil Neville.
  • Options
    Jimmy, opinions are what makes the world go round for sure, it wasnt meant as a snipe! I do agree with Len tho, i thought he did ok in the midfield when he played there. But as a LB, i always prefered Powell.

How about this for an opinion, i thought cloun jenson was a, well cloun! What did you think of him Jim??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]Jimmy, opinions are what makes the world go round for sure, it wasnt meant as a snipe! I do agree with Len tho, i thought he did ok in the midfield when he played there. But as a LB, i always prefered Powell.

How about this for an opinion, i thought cloun jenson was a, well cloun! What did you think of him Jim??

Regarding the left back debate, if you mean you would prefer Powell when he was young then I would agree. As for choosing amongst the three now, as they are, then I would choose Konch, particularly as we're playing with one up front anyway which means we have extra cover in midfield. HH is not up to the job - he's too slow for a full-back and gets ripped apart.

As for Jensen, frankly I don't know what you're talking about. Are you suggesting that he's a clown? I don't go to the circus so I wouldn't know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]and Konch never wanted to stay

Not true. He wanted to play left-back and was happy doing so at Charlton. Curbs refused and insisted he play at left midfield, preferring HH at left back. Konch left so that he could play left-back - I think it's a s simple as that. Now we're left with someone who can't cope. I've watched Konch play for West Ham. His biggest fault is that he plays people onside a bit too much but otherwise he's quick and can put in a tackle. HH should be at centre back or in the reserves.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Konch makes a good wing back, but he's still too ropey positionally for the traditional full back role in a 4-4-2. It's a shame that he was so fixed on being a full back, as I think if he'd worked harder on his crossing and attack play, he'd have had a much better shot of a place in the England squad, albeit as the new Phil Neville.

Are we playing 4-4-2?