Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What a load of crap

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
I cant believe we can play that bad, long ball rubbish and when the target went of we didn't know what to do. How long do we give pardew if it carries on like this.

Comments

• Options
    That was dire. Pardew has tried to change things on the back of two losses... but we're never going to be a longball team. Our forwards were crap when we hoofed the ball and missed chances in the previous two games. Appaling decision to take of Samedo, we had more of the play but weren't commiting anyone forward.

Today the tactics were crap and that Pardews fault, hope he holds his hands up.
  • Options
    Nice easy trips to Southampton and Bristol City up next...

This could get out of hand quite quickly.
  • Options
    Cheer up, Paddy. I'd go and have a pint if I were you.

I guess about now, that dressing room door is well and truly locked.........
  • Options
    Semedo must have been injured. Theres no way pardew would be stupid enough to swap him for thomas. Its so frustrating watching long ball football all day when we know if we play it more on the floor we'll rip teams like qpr apart.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stoneroses19[/cite]Semedo must have been injured. Theres no way pardew would be stupid enough to swap him for thomas. Its so frustrating watching long ball football all day when we know if we play it more on the floor we'll rip teams like qpr apart.

He was though - why didn't he bring on Racon for Semedo if injured??
  • Options
    Agreed - why play long ball. I saw at least two of those where we should have played little clean balls through. I thought the game was awful, ok not as bad as the one on Tuesday. Two home defeats on the trot and with restless fans, playing at home is no better than playing away. To be honest, keep this up and the next two games will be defeats and after that we can kiss the premier league goodbye for another season.

Pardew must be livid - he knows we have been very unlucky losing good players to injury but the others look like they don't care a jack because they know that at the end of the day, Pardew is the one who's neck is on the line.

We need to buck! Get them on that training ground first thing - 6am! and train them hard and eliminate the stupid school boy mistakes we keep making. We must start winning, or at least getting a result. Southampton is the place to start if we are going to get our season back on track.

I gave our performance 5/10
  • Options
    Think 5's a bit generous. I'd give 5 for the first half - average - and barely 2 for the second half.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    We had 2 wingers on the park in the 2nd half and neither saw hardly anything of the ball.
    Why not?

Everything had to be either a long ball hoof or funnelled through Reidy, which gave defenders time to get back behind the ball and close down.

Reidy up to now has been the catalyst for much of our creativity so far this season. So credit due.
    But today he was a bottleneck, caught in possession or telegraphed passing.

I like the man, his passion and ability. But whether he's carrying that 'international' injury, he's burned out, trying too hard, missing someone like Todorov to read him, or just a bad day - we have to take some of the weight of responsibility off his shoulders.

If he needs it, rest him. In any case, we need to vary tactics - how about using our wingers to get to the byeline and pull the crosses back? We've no penetration, we're not getting behind defences and we're not testing the keeper.
  • Options
    Spot on, Oggy. Our tactic of everything through Reidy is also far too easy for opponents to deal with.
  • Options
    Not to simply join the chorus, but being in Canada, I was looking forward to this morning as the first time that I had a chance to see the club in action this year, and I came away terribly disappointed.

Oggy Red's comments about funneling everything through Reid in the middle, save the random long balls, was dead right. Given the sheer dominance of possession that I perceived in the first half, the second was absolutely dire, and didn't show the class that I would have expected given the respective pedigree of the players on the two clubs. Without better coordination up front, kick and run simply won't get it done for this club.

That said, it felt like Charlton was pressing the whole first half, but only upon seeing the stats later on did I realize that almost every chance had ended with a shot into the Jimmy Seed stand, rather than actually testing the keeper. I thought the first half was good at the time, but upon reflection, it was only a foreboding of what was to come...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chris Dickson scored an 89th min winner.

The Jills were losing 2-1 with 5 minutes to go and yet win 3-2.

Why doesn't our team (maybe our fans too) show that kind of spirit and passion?

Christ, if the Jills can do it - then why can't we at least have a go?
  • Options
    I cant believe that all our players are crap but that's how they all performed. But why have we suddenly turned into a crap team? The display today bears no resemblence to the team that started at the beginning of the season - if fact up until the first half against Wolves. All the players didn't seem or want to be up for it and the pace of our game was too slow. They all looked disinterested and causing basic school boy errors (sorry school boys - your not that bad). The times I looked over to Padew he also looked disinterested.....is there something going on in the dressing room.....?
  • Options
    we had twomwingers who both kept comin inside,I want to see a winger gettin to the byeline,haven't see one since John Robinson/Mark Robson
  • Options
    Exactly NS Steve. But they do need better service.
  • Options
    but it dont help the central midfielders when them come inside and take up the space,I still want to see Jerome on the other wing takin players on,on the outside.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite] I guess about now, that dressing room door is well and truly locked.........

The crew that did the flag are requested not to fold it up until the players have warmed down, The QPR players came out and went back in, no sight at all of the Charlton players at all so i makes you right Oggy.

Would have loved to have been a fly on that wall.
  • Options
    I missed the first 25 minutes due to a blockage on the M25, so I must have missed the early domoination that a few people on the site have alluded to....I sat down and said to my partner...they are playing 3-5-2....yet we couldnt dominate the midfield....we then take off Semedo, our holding and ball winning midfielder, and bring on Thomas...we go 442 and lose the plot. I didnt like what I saw, I didnt complain or indeed boo at the end, but that team once again deserved the stick they got at the end...Im not sure it will do any good booing the side, but look at QPR...trounced a fortnight ago at West Brom...change of manager and suddenly they dont look quite so bad...they fought and played well second half and deserved the win. The Rangers support got behind there team today because they showed passion...they arent going to win the league or anything, but they tried really hard and were positive. Charlton yesterday were in my opinion worse than Tuesday night, the only player who was worth his salt (despite his blunder for there goal) was Weaver....otherwise it could have been 3-0. Im begining to think that Pards has a problem in the dressing room...I guess we will never know, but how can we be such a Jekyll and Hyde side? Yes, we have a lot of new players, but by now the thought that they are still getting to know each other is getting a bit stale. Its not the end of the world....Im still upbeat as I fail to see how that much talent can be that bad over the last few games. As I said on Tuesday night, I cant wait for Saturday...well the same applies today. I will be at St Mary's and things can only get better...cant hey?