Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kamakhazi FC

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
What is going on? Had to watch the game on the telly today after being kept awake by neighbours. Now, the goal should never have stood but to be honest, QPR were all over us and apart from a couple of chances we just did not seem like finding the net.

The true reality of this division is shining through - it is not a walk in the park and unless things change very soon, promotion is going to seem more and more unlikely. There is a long way to go, I admit, but after watching todays game, we just don't look like we are able to score. I just don't feel that there is any real gusto in some of our squad or real passion at the moment.

This week has been the fullfillment of our worst nightmare. Three games lost on the trot, and I would gather that Pards is starting to get a little concerned. The fans are starting to get restless and booing which in the end is making life tough for the players at the Valley. I am not sure what to suggest, we are running light on players due to injury - perhaps that is what is doing it. What does everyone else think?

Give QPR their due - they played brilliantly, had a bit of luck for the goal but were more often than not all they were all over us. I honestly thought that we were the underdogs in this game rather than a team playing their hearts out for promotion.

If we are going to vie for promotion and not languish mid table, or slide to dangerous regions which I can't even imagine, the team needs to change, the valley needs to change. This is not an easy road, we are wrong to be that complacent, we are being caught out and unless we want to be another Coventry, Leicester or Southampton we need to buck up our ideas.

Come on you Reds!!!!

Comments

• Options
    A thoughtful, well considered post Rughead - although I can't agree that QPR were all over us.

But they were positive and decisive on the break and created more clear cut chances than we did.
    And some of our defending, getting caught in posession in our own box for example, made them look better than they were.

And they played with urgency and a battling teamspirit which appeared totally lacking in the Charlton side.
    Why is that?

Why are we getting outbattled and coming off second best against teams who clearly have a greater desire to win?

The Valley has become a negative and hostile place for Charlton to play.
    It's a breeding ground for loss of confidence and the misses and mistakes that result.

I bet Charlton HATE playing at The Valley!
  • Options
    You need physical presence in this league.

Too many of our players are lightweight and get out muscled.
  • Options
    Spot on Len

We have no-one, bar Mills, who can put it about.

We could fill a Team full of Lightweights.
  • Options
    Get Arter in that midfield. The midfield caved in in the second half due to Semedo going off. Its too weak in this division the next two games which are away Pards has to go 4 - 5 - 1.

Weaver
    Mills Magic Sodge Basey
    Sam ZZ Arter/Semedo Reid Thomas
    Big Chris.
  • Options
    If Iwellumo doesn't buck his ideas pretty soon he'll be out of the team

Thought he brought nothing to the table again.

POOR HEADER FOR A BIG MAN
  • Options
    Get Bent, Faye and Youga back !!!
  • Options
    Letting Marcus Bent go might have saved a lot on the wage bill but he looked like he had his sh*t together this season. Iwelumo offered zilch today, Varney at least got in good positions before sh*tting it up.