Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Disgraceful....

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
.....The team, the managers tactics/decisions (you can see he has no faith in the defence when he brings back Iwolumo and Varney for corners leaving Reid up top, the fans (it was a London derby FFS).

I have seen some disgraceful Charlton performances in over 30 years of going to the Valley and that one gets in the top 10 with ease.

Yeh I booed at the end, why? cos thats all they deserved (Reidy, Sodje, Count Basey excepted)

QPR were a joke but at least the 2nd worse team won.

Comments

• Options
    Bibble - if you thnink that ranks even in the top fifty of piss poor performances at the Valley in the last thirty years, all i can say is you clearly didn't attend many games in the early eighties - and we put in at least twenty worse performances than that in the last three seasons in the prem alone.

Admittedly we were pretty crap today, but theres's no sense panicking yet. I never thought we'd get promoted this season anyway - playoffs at best. Our team just isn't good enough for it. I'll start to worry if we're in the bottom half at christmas. other than that - just a poor performance - lets move on.
  • Options
    I have seen very little in the last three home games to suggest we will avoid a drop into league one. In fact I there is probably a greater chance of me getting wed to Philippa Hanna
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite].....The team, the managers tactics/decisions (you can see he has no faith in the defence when he brings back Iwolumo and Varney for corners leaving Reid up top, the fans (it was a London derby FFS).

I have seen some disgraceful Charlton performances in over 30 years of going to the Valley and that one gets in the top 10 with ease.

Yeh I booed at the end, why? cos thats all they deserved (Reidy, Sodje, Count Basey excepted)

QPR were a joke but at least the 2nd worse team won.

I Just wish that we would use some of the effort we put into booing the players off in the end towards singing and cheering the team during the match. If the fans have given 100% during the game to get behind the team we have every right to boo at the end if they are piss poor!

As sash said after the game we make our own ground so hard for our own players to play at. And easy for away teams. Lets just get behind the team from the start. make some f**king noise! (positive noise)

As we proved last season booing our own players during the game just makes them care less. if we showed some passion im sure the players would be a bit more inclined to.
  • Options
    Carlsberg aren't you part of so called Northstand Ultras,if so you lot were shite today,most of songs sung in upper north started in M block.Maybe some of the people that booed,worked this mornin and wished the players put in the effort they did.
  • Options
    ARE YOU SERIOUS -

I didn't think we were that bad - created a fecking hatful of chances on another day we could and should have been 3-0 up at half time
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]I have seen very little in the last three home games to suggest we will avoid a drop into league one. In fact I there is probably a greater chance of me getting wed to Philippa Hanna

Keep licking the windows Roy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]ARE YOU SERIOUS -

I didn't think we were that bad - created a fecking hatful of chances on another day we could and should have been 3-0 up at half time

It is one creating chances but the fact is we didn't take any of them and it appears to me that Pardew learnt f**k all from Tuesday night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Carlsberg aren't you part of so called Northstand Ultras,if so you lot were shite today,most of songs sung in upper north started in M block.Maybe some of the people that booed,worked this mornin and wished the players put in the effort they did.

im not saying the upper north were good today?! I wasn't one of the blokes booing and shouting bullshit and non productive criticism at individuals. i was one of the 3 or 4 trying to get behind the team.
  • Options
    Not saying you individually but from what I could see the area that builds themselves up were pretty poor yesterday.With respect to shouting and booing you can only take crap for a certain amount of time before reacting to it.We played the bootom of the table team who showed more hunger and desire to win the match,maybe that's why people were gettin frustrated.
  • Options
    We need to get back to mentality when we entered the Premiership for the first time,when the atmosphere was electric whether we won or lost,it is more difficult since the North Stand went 2 tier but we must try.