Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ambrose

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Apparantly he was due to be bench warming today, but failed to get to the ground in time; Racon taking his place.

Does he still live in Newcastle?

Comments

• Options
    He lives near Ipswich, the M25 clockwise was shut all morning. Saw Kins getting to the ground at 12.15.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Even if he had come in time, what impact would he have made if he was brought on?
  • Options
    It was mentioned in the commentary. Frankly, I have nothing against Darren, but I find it DISGRACEFUL that in this day and age a professional footballer can't organise himself enough to make it to a match in plenty of time. Unless there are extenuating circumstances which we don't yet know, beyond roadworks on the M25, I find it pathetic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]It was mentioned in the commentary. Frankly, I have nothing against Darren, but I find it DISGRACEFUL that in this day and age a professional footballer can't organise himself enough to make it to a match in plenty of time. Unless there are extenuating circumstances which we don't yet know, beyond roadworks on the M25, I find it pathetic.

There was an accident on the M25 south of the Dartford crossing (more) which buggered up a lot of journeys to The Valley today, especially considering the early start.
  • Options
    "23 hours ago"? Ah... welcome to Greenwich Mean Time!
  • Options
    I don't see how an accident on the anti clockwise section of the M25 before the tunnel/bridge could effect someone coming down from Ipswich. Surely he'd come straight down the A12?
  • Options
    I thought it was common practice that they had all the players in a local hotel the night before a game, even if it is at home? Makes sense doesn't it when you've got the JT's of this world boozing it at every opportunity and players living far and wide?
  • Options
    Maybe they used to do it in the Prem but can't justify the expense in the Championship?
  • Options
    Possibly, Pards has already had a little moan this season about budget cuts affecting the team. They used to fly to a lot of away games but this season it's back to long coach journeys, and I think Pardew was upset that it took them 7 hours to get to Coventry and he believed it was a contributory factor in one or two players putting in lacklustre performances.

Seeing that Coventry was the start of our recent poor run of results and now a player has failed to turn up to a game because he was stuck in traffic, I wonder if Pardew will be back in Reg's office demanding a bit more for his teams travel budget?
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    The team went to Hull by plane and done a bit of light training at Scunthorpe's training ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I don't see how an accident on the anti clockwise section of the M25 before the tunnel/bridge could effect someone coming down from Ipswich. Surely he'd come straight down the A12?
    i came round the M25 and it was a bit sticky going over the bridge but no worse than usual, so that's not his excuse
  • Options
    Simple answer, move closer.
  • Options
    I know he's originally from Ipswich but why when signing for us from Newcastle did he choose to live near Ipswich. Surely he should move closer? That said, what impact would he have made even if he had made it and come on?
  • Options
    Ipswich is not that far - one and half hours. It took that time for me to get from Kilburn to Charlton on Saturday using public transport!
  • Options
    I live 20 miles from Ipswich yet I got to the game in plenty of time.

A120, M11, straight into Blackwall tunnel - piece of cake Darren!

Feeble excuse if you ask me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]I thought it was common practice that they had all the players in a local hotel the night before a game, even if it is at home? Makes sense doesn't it when you've got the JT's of this world boozing it at every opportunity and players living far and wide?

I thought that too, but maybe as he has a kid the club allows him to commute to home games?