Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

if we were to change manager.....

i know it would be a bit irrational at the moment but i thought the same when dowie was sacked last year and that's hardly changed our fortunes around !!
i think now would be as good a time as any to do it cos with paul jewell and martin jol available i think they'd bring more to the table than pardew does but being more realistic(and contradicting myself again) i think we have to keep the faith with pardew(even tho i don't rate him) cos i don't think either would come to us
who would you prefer at the helm , pardew, jol, jewell or anyone else

Comments

• Options
    Good lord.
  • Options
    I think both are cracking managers...
    Jewell would pip it for me. expereience in the championship... and he gets the basics right in terms of defence and being a solid defensive unit as a team.

but stick with pards until we make those play offs. i'm keeping the faith.
  • Options
    yeah, ridiculous thread, just trying to stir things up and not worth a serious response.
  • Options
    A simple reason why we won't - no way can we afford to pay off Pardew then pay the wages of Jewell or Jol. Tempting, though.
  • Options
    There's no need to sack Pardew, or even think about it.

We got off to a decent start this season, better than most expected, considering the number of personnel changes, and are now learning some of the reality of what you have to do in this division to win games, the players, and management team have to respond positively and profeessionally. A manager doesn't become bad just because we've had three successive defeats, we are still well placed and a couple of wins will see us back in there. This bad run - and all teams go through them - will be a blip.

-i think now would be as good a time as any to do it cos with paul jewell and martin jol available-

Whatever it is that you are smoking lay off it.
  • Options
    Super Alan Pardew.
  • Options
    Is this a wind up?

I hope so!

I can't see Martin Lol coming to the Valley and I don't want to see Paul Jewell there either
  • Options
    Martin Jol has managed to turn a side with Spurs' resources into relegation candidates, how good is he then?
  • Options
    Don't beleive this thread-

Sorry and all that, but we need some positivity around the place, or as Rothko said on saturday the visiting teams pre match team talk will be along the lines of

" just frustrate them for ten minutes, their crowd will finish them off"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Martin Jol has managed to turn a side with Spurs' resources into relegation candidates, how good is he then?
    Harsh.
    Best ever Spurs manager in the Prem then publically finds out someone else has been interviewed for his job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is a Spurs thread all round really.

Alan Pardews red n white army.
  • Options
    spurs two highest finishes in the premiership have been in the last two seasons 5th both times under martin jol... but being sacked 10 games into the season is a bit early they could've waited for 12 games!!
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]This is a Spurs thread all round really.

but i think that's what we have become. my mates used to laugh in disbelief when i would let them know that charlton fans wanted curbishley out since 2003.our expectation levels have been unrealistic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i know it would be a bit irrational at the moment but i thought the same when dowie was sacked last year and that's hardly changed our fortunes around !!
    i think now would be as good a time as any to do it cos with paul jewell and martin jol available i think they'd bring more to the table than pardew does but being more realistic(and contradicting myself again) i think we have to keep the faith with pardew(even tho i don't rate him) cos i don't think either would come to us
    who would you prefer at the helm , pardew, jol, jewell or anyone else

OhhAhh, you'd have an axe to grind with any manager that was brought in because they aren't Alan Curbishley!!
  • Options
    I can't believe I just actually read this thread...!!

sink this cr@p !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]I can't believe I just actually read this thread...!!

sink this cr@p !

Same Here Eltham, threads like this are crap & sum up the attitude of our fans at the Valley this season, too quick to critisize & get on the players/Managers back. If I were a player I would be dreading our home games at the moment.
  • Options
    U boat needs summoning to destroy this bullshit thread.

I am now starting to realise where all the wanky jeering and moaning is coming from at the ground.

In case I haven't already said it. Our support of late is truly embarrasing and yid-like.

Attitudes need to change fast methinks
  • Options
    some f****** people
  • Options
    I think you'll find that the people who have contributed to this thread (with tongue somewhat in cheek if they are like me) have never been completely convinced by the super saviour status Pardew likes to bestow on himself. We're perhaps just taking the opportunity to point out to him that pride comes before a fall. I don't seriously think we should replace him right now, but I do think he has a lot to prove still.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]I can't believe I just actually read this thread...!!

sink this cr@p !

Same Here Eltham, threads like this are crap & sum up the attitude of our fans at the Valley this season, too quick to critisize & get on the players/Managers back. If I were a player I would be dreading our home games at the moment.

Hear hear ketters old chap.

[cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I think you'll find that the people who have contributed to this thread (with tongue somewhat in cheek if they are like me) have never been completely convinced by the super saviour status Pardew likes to bestow on himself. We're perhaps just taking the opportunity to point out to him that pride comes before a fall. I don't seriously think we should replace him right now, but I do think he has a lot to prove still.

thank god you live in scotland otherwise that would be one more boo to add to the collection
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm a season ticket holder, actually, Ledge, so I do get to the Valley quite often. As I've said elsewhere on here, I hate the booing and lack of atmosphere in the ground - I will shout my head off to encourage a team playing for the shirt. I will, however, moan on here when I think it is merited.