Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rose tinted glasses

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
I've just been listening to the Charlton Chat Podcast.

The general consensus is that we have some great youngsters coming through etc, etc .... and the best players on show last Saturday was Lloyd Sam and Grant Basey!!!!!

Well HELLLLOOOO .... yea Lloyd had an OK game but per=lease Basey didnt exactly set the world on fire. I thought he was rather slow, and had a tendancy to keep wacking the ball cross field.

Oh well ...

Comments

• Options
    Agreed thought Sam was quiet nowhere near pre ban levels and Basey i thought done reasonably well was solid in other words but as Pards said could have done better offensively
  • Options
    yeah whacking the ball across field to players in red shirts
  • Options
    'Not setting the world on fire' is better than total dogshit which is what the average level appeared to be

Basey was a long way from being the worst player on the park on Saturday, used the ball quite well, can hit a good pass and was one of the better players. as debuts go it was promising.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    i watched the last 20 minutes on sky plus, to see how many times mcClown touched the ball, and basey on 3 occassions crossed the ball, under no pressure, straight to the opposition... sam was ok but not like he was pre ban but he looks like he'll improve the more games he has, i'm POSITIVE about lloyd sam
  • Options
    But he didnt whack the ball across the pitch to red shirts ....
  • Options
    Those of us that see a glimmer of hope, let's whip out the rose tints!
  • Options
    Got mine!! :)

• Options

i watched the last 20 minutes on sky plus, to see how many times mcClown touched the ball, and basey on 3 occassions crossed the ball, under no pressure, straight to the opposition... sam was ok but not like he was pre ban but he looks like he'll improve the more games he has, i'm POSITIVE about lloyd sam

This spoke to me. Not picking out @oohaahmortimer here, but isn't it interesting how we can look back now 9 years on, and measure what we thought were going to be good players.

I think a number of us will look back on Cousins 9 years from now and he wouldn't of amounted to much. Don't get me wrong, he has some great attributes such as that tackle he won back on Saturday against Brum, but the real qualities needed to go on and do better things such as finesse, passing, touch etc, I don't think he has.

Just an opinion, but the reference to Lloyd Sam and where he is now made me think of Cousins and where he might be in 9 years time
  • Options
    Charlton Chat ?
  • Options
    I think you could be right @cabbles

I don't think he's going to be anything more than a Championship player.... though I said the same about Harry Arter (I used to go to a few unders games back then)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Charlton Chat ?

It was a french cat the club adopted, Henry of Bromley will tell you more
  • Options

se9addick said:

Charlton Chat ?

Henry of the Irving is currently on hollibobs at the moment.
  • Options
    The week's not over yet, give it time...
  • Options

T.C.E said:

se9addick said:

Charlton Chat ?

So when the club is facing probably the worst threat in 30 odd years, the bloke who runs the museum goes on holiday? What kind of message does that send out?
    As is Curb_it strangely enough, I see a pattern here. CARD members are watching all ports and airports so if @Davo55 fancies sliding for two weeks clubbing In Ibeefa we've got it covered. ;)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

se9addick said:

Charlton Chat ?

So when the club is facing probably the worst threat in 30 odd years, the bloke who runs the museum goes on holiday? What kind of message does that send out?
    As is Curb_it strangely enough, I see a pattern here. CARD members are watching all ports and airports so if @Davo55 fancies sliding for two weeks clubbing In Ibeefa we've got it covered. ;)
    lol I was gonna post the same when I see Curb-it's photos on FB, but I didn't wanna get told off.

Still least we let all the burglar members of CL (and there's a couple I know of) know who's away

; )
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

se9addick said:

Charlton Chat ?

Damn it T.C.E, spoilt my plans :smile:
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

se9addick said:

Charlton Chat ?

Damn it T.C.E, spoilt my plans :smile:
    I'll go Davo o o o
  • Options

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

se9addick said:

Charlton Chat ?

lol I was gonna post the same when I see Curb-it's photos on FB, but I didn't wanna get told off.

Still least we let all the burglar members of CL (and there's a couple I know of) know who's away

; )

It's Tavern's 50th today, that's got to be worth a large portion of chips and a CARD
    ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Time to whip em out again boys & girls

No Mehmet, not that...

Looking Through Rose-Tinted Glasses - Search for Hope
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Time to whip em out again boys & girls

No Mehmet, not that...

Looking Through Rose-Tinted Glasses - Search for Hope
    Told Ya.