Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ipswich Town cash injection

If you watch the BBC report you will hear them say that nobody really knows who Marcus Evans, the businessman to whom Ipswich have sold a 'majority stake,' is.
Marcus Evans is a businessman who began as a ticket tout. This illegal business developed into a multinational company and the reason you will never see his picture or see him speak in public is because he knows nobody likes him. He lives in a tax haven and in my opinion everyone who has had the misfortune to meet him thinks he's an arsehole.
Ipswich Town fans are welcome to him: I certainly wouldn't be happy if he had a stake in our club. In fact I think it would kill a greater part of my love for Charlton.

Comments

• didn't know that.
  • bothered to be honest.

It does puzzle me how these teams like QPR and Ipswich are getting these cash injections. Surely we as a club are just as attractive an option to invest in.

Good ground sound financial record - good area etc.
  • Well, you learn something new everyday.

You will never find a picture of him - anywhere. Not even in his company material. He is such a recluse (or 'private man' as the BBC put it) that even for company meetings he rushes in from the airport and is whisked back off again. Is he hiding something? Other than being a secret Ipswich fan? Probably, because everything's illegal, sorry, secretive with him.

I wonder if he'll wear a mask if Ipswich are live on TV.
  • Ipswich Town: US equity company buys 40% stake for 'up to £105m'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68639682
  • An interesting punt by the equity company that, buying before Ipswich's fate is known. The price clearly will vary depending on whether they get promotion or not, but I assume the equity company wanted to avoid being outbid in the summer. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    160mio for a club that has just come up from league 1 (albeit with a very good chance of prem money next year) is fucking mental. No wonder chancers come in fancying a punt. Fair play to the US pension fund that invested a couple of years ago, I thought that was bound to end in tears, but it shows the potential we have... we have a better ground, a better location, a better catchment area and arguably a better fanbase
    Is it not a value of 200m+? Which is even more mental. Didn’t Newcastle go for around 300m? Does show how much we could be worth in 5 years if things go well. That’s why our lot have bought us. They’d need to get the assets too of course 
  • That values Ipswich at over £250m. 

If they go up, money well spent, if they don't, that's absolutely crazy. 
  • Thing is with an established Prem or Champ club, it will generate cash for many many years IF the 'asset' is properly managed
  • Sponsored links:

• If they don't get promoted that's a wild valuation. Just shows what some people are willing to do to try and get a share of the pot of gold on offer in the premier league.

"they looked at teams all over the world for possible investment opportunities, but having held talks with Ipswich they stopped looking".
  • fenaddick said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    160mio for a club that has just come up from league 1 (albeit with a very good chance of prem money next year) is fucking mental. No wonder chancers come in fancying a punt. Fair play to the US pension fund that invested a couple of years ago, I thought that was bound to end in tears, but it shows the potential we have... we have a better ground, a better location, a better catchment area and arguably a better fanbase
    Is it not a value of 200m+? Which is even more mental. Didn’t Newcastle go for around 300m? Does show how much we could be worth in 5 years if things go well. That’s why our lot have bought us. They’d need to get the assets too of course 
    Typo, meant 260. Crazy money
  • If they don't get promoted that's a wild valuation. Just shows what some people are willing to do to try and get a share of the pot of gold on offer in the premier league.

"they looked at teams all over the world for possible investment opportunities, but having held talks with Ipswich they stopped looking".
    The article does say UP to £105m. That sums might be contingent on promotion and staying up
  • Might give us an explanation of the rationale for our owners buying us.

I have never understood why they did.  This might give an inkling of their reasoning.