Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The week that was - Friday 31st October 1975. Charlton 4 Southampton 1

2»

Comments

• Options
    I remember this one well, I was 14 at the time and was dad was good mates with Voice of the Valley Dick Neive (spelling) who did the announcing. He had arranged before hand me him and me and a couple of friends, who we took along, to go into the Dressing rooms after the game. After one of those great Friday night games and a handsome win, my dad checked it was alright and we when into the changing rooms amid scenes of great celebrations , Derek Hales in the bath the swearing about Hugh Fisher being a dirty bastard even though he scored 2 goals, but most of all I remember meeting my hero the great King Arthur Horsfield, as mention above he was a guest at the game, although he had been sold previously to Watford, I said hello to him he shook my hand and I said how I wished he hadn't been sold and that he was my idol, he was very gracious. Also when we left I literally walked into Peter Osgood in the tunnel and I remember thinking how huge he was, what a great night!