Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LATEST POLL: Soton v Charlton

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
After three successive defeats, and the desperate need to get back on track, how do you see this one going ?

Would you change system, or personnel ?

Do we need to be defensively tighter and play for a draw and something on the break, or should we go there to attack ?

Comments

• Options
    normally feel very positive by the time our next game comes around, but sadly tomorrow I think we'll lose 2-0
  • Options
    We need to change personnel. For a start if anyone is not 100% fit then don't play them, giev them a chance to recover, that includes Reid and his knee(?).

Maybe play Semedo at right back with Mills and Sodje in the middle - and Basey. Racon in for Semedo and play a 5 man midfield with Reid or ZZ advanced.
  • Options
    we'll go 4-5-1, Thomas and Sam will run the show, and its going to be a proper jingle bells away game.

COME ON YOU ADDICKS !!!
  • Options
    always vote for a win, it wouldn't feel right selecting anything else.
  • Options
    I'm in "OOh Ah" mode I'm afraid and think we will lose.

Given that the strikers are out of sorts I would go 4-5-1

Weaver

Moo2
    Fortune
    Sodje
    Mills (Harsh to drop basey but his lack of pace worries me)

Sam
    ZZ
    Semedo
    Reid
    Thomas J

Iwelumo

Subs:

Randolph
    Bougherra
    Racon
    Ambrose
    Varney
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]we'll go 4-5-1, Thomas and Sam will run the show, and its going to be a proper jingle bells away game.

COME ON YOU ADDICKS !!!

Got a feeling AP will go 4-5-1 to tighten it up as well. 0 - 0 but hoping we sneak it 0-1 with Mcleod scoring to please NorthstandSteve : - )
  • Options
    20 years since we last won in Southampton - Garth Crooks of all people got the winner.

Charlton win for me. 1 (Euell) - 3 (Iwelumo, Varney, McCleod)
  • Options
    I was at that game!!

God I feel old!!
  • Options
    2-2
  • Options
    I think 4-5-1 could work there with ZZ breaking through and hopefully the lad semedo providing some cover for the defence.

Here's hoping anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was at that game too I must be old.
  • Options
    probably the most even split poll we've had.

Pity so few of you voted though :-(
  • Options
    A win or draw I think, Charlton are too good a team to lose four in a row, and there'll be some players out there with a point to prove. Besides that we are due a goal or two.
  • Options
    3-1 to us. No idea of scorers apart from they'l go one up by euell.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stoneroses19[/cite]3-1 to us. No idea of scorers apart from they'l go one up by euell.

Euell might not even play as he has a last minute fitness test before the game.
  • Options
    Can't help myself, Charlton 2-1
  • Options
    Charlton win 3-2 after going in 2-0 down
  • Options
    so you 17 doubters....

booooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Delighted to be proved wrong!
  • Options
    ditto
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]we'll go 4-5-1, Thomas and Sam will run the show, and its going to be a proper jingle bells away game.

COME ON YOU ADDICKS !!!

Listen to uncle AFKA :-)