Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What do you do when you don't go to an away game ?

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
do you....

a) listen on the radio
b) watch Soccer Saturday
c) something else....

personally I cannot stand listening to football on the radio and prefer to be doing something else and only find out the score after....I normally have Soccer Sat on if at home, however tend to flick over to other things and not just sit watching it and would only glance at it if in the pub....

For some reason other teams always seem to score against us when I check the score during the game..

Comments

• Options
    Combination of a&b, when available :-(

Wish i could do the Ostrich and just not know -hence getting a few of the guys on here texting me when i can't listen as i'm working.
  • Options
    Never ever listen on the radio, normally just ignore things and look at the result after... though my resolve normally wanes in the second half!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If the game is on normal radio then i have that turned on to our game, and soccer saturday on silent and turn it up when they talk about us (if they bother)

as we're only on digital, the last time i sat for 90 mins watching the blue screen and listening to the commentry!

gotta go out on saturday at some point but won't be out of the house between 3 and 5 as will try to listen on digital if i can.
  • Options
    Go to see my little boy in Wales if not listen to the Radio
  • Options
    Listen to the radio, skysports on PC, tv on with football news and texting!
  • Options
    Are you taking the piss? Or d) wait for the British newspaper to arrive via carrier pigeon 3 days later!
  • Options
    Referee on the Kent League and Line on the Rymans
  • Options
    If I don't go, usually listen on the radio.

When I was younger, before Sky Sports and the like, I used to watch teletext.....
  • Options
    Usually watch Sky's soccer saturday.......used to listen to Millenium Radio (time FM ?) in the good old days and at least you knew with Mark Mansfield you would get a good commentry. Moved house recently and now can't get the radio tuned properly

Also used to have teletext on to get updates from the other games.
  • Options
    Do something I should of done weeks ago. If it's a big game then I'll listen to it on radio london.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]do you....

a) listen on the radio
    b) watch Soccer Saturday
    c) something else....

personally I cannot stand listening to football on the radio and prefer to be doing something else and only find out the score after....I normally have Soccer Sat on if at home, however tend to flick over to other things and not just sit watching it and would only glance at it if in the pub....

For some reason other teams always seem to score against us when I check the score during the game..

I am exactly the same EA, I try to avoid football altogether and watch or listen to something else.
  • Options
    go to work...... :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]If I don't go, usually listen on the radio.

When I was younger, before Sky Sports and the like, I used to watch teletext.....

When I was younger and somewhere else (without a radio and nowhere near a tv) I tended to rely on the evening sports results paper. Indeed that was the case when I was in Derby about two months ago.
  • Options
    sit at home watching Jeff Stelling and wishing I'd gone to the game!
  • Options
    Went to the Rec yesterday to see Blackheath play, really good game of rugby, and impressed by the attendence of over a 1,000.
  • Options
    When Im in England, I try to see all the home games and some of the away games...Last two years up until this season I would stay up all night listening to the internet broadcasts every week along with a couple of other Addicks Downunder. Even now when Im in Australia, you will find me on this site watching as the posts come through, or a reverse of the tables yesterday as I didnt make it to the game, so I went out and bought a DAB radio and sat and typed what was happening for the benefit of those who couldnt hear. On the odd occassion when I cant watch, look or listen...it drives me mad....I then rely on Orange to update the score on my mobile phone :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Rarely miss an away game if possible though yesterday I did. Had a pleasant day with Mrs Lat in Oakham, Rutlandshire. Otherwise will go to see Kettering Town in the Conference North or Rushden & Diamonds in the Conference