Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Heroes - One & All

Just back from St. Mary's & what a brilliant result. Full credit to every single one of the players who battled so hard throughout. Southampton looked a decent team & the ref was even worse than Rob Styles! But we kept our nerve, carried on playing & got the result we thoroughly deserved.

Basey & Mills were my two best players. Both defended superbly & gave everything going forward as well. Mills should be given the captaincy because it is him that rallies the other players & keeps driving them on. Thomas also looked good & ran rings round the Southampton defenders on a number of occassions. The decision to send off Semedo was terrible. I'm not sure that either booking was even a foul! Can we appeal, because we should. Sodje was awesome in the air. Varney & Ambrose made great contributions as late subs. ZZ & Reid battled constantly. Sam, like Thomas, needs to improve his final ball but gives us great pace down the right. Good to see that it was Fortune going round before the ko giving everybody a hug & some verbal encouragement. Maybe Pards has told him he needs to start bossing the defence?

I couldn't stop jumping up & down when Big Chris put in that great cross from Varney. Boy, the Southampton fans didn't like it one little bit. They tried to get into our section as we were celebrating but were kept at bay by the stewards. Ha bloody ha!!

Comments

• Options
    I get the impression that the team plays better away from home than they do at The Valley. Perhaps it's due to the level of expectancy from the home fans affecting the players, which isn't there in away games.

It was great result today, which hopefully we can build another good run of results from.
  • Options
    How the hell does Sodje jump so high????

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=9217&cp=7
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GloucAddick[/cite]How the hell does Sodje jump so high????

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=9217&cp=7

remember white men can't jump.......
  • Options
    We played like a team today & everyone put in a huge effort & really wanted it. Every single player raced across to the supporters at the final whistle to celebrate. Hopefully, this will be the turning point in our season.

Mind you, we now have an incredibly tough game at Ashton Gate on Tuesday!!
  • Options
    I'm annoyed I didn't go today. I have to say this is a brilliant result and I am sure will lift the players spirits. By the sound of things we have found a left back and a centre back who can really make a difference. Well done everyone who went and cheered on the lads. Roll on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Just got home after spending the night there.

Watched the game from my sis's boyfriends company box.

Couldn't help myself when we scored (nor could my wife or sis) went berserk and got a few looks but didn't give a toss!!

Stayed at the ground for a while (it was free beer) and bunped into sir Chris and Pards as we left.

Great night out as well, got absolutely hammered
  • Options
    well there's a novelty Dave
  • Options
    I don't know what you mean Steve!
  • Options
    Gutted that I had to miss yesterday the first away game I have missed this season but I am already looking forward to Tuesday. From all the reports and the briefest of highlights I have missed a stunning performance and result well done to all there playing and supporting
  • Options
    Got absolutely ruined last night as well Dave M.

Can;t believe no one was highlighted out Thomas and ZZ. Thought the pair were absolutely awesome second half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with AFKA. Thomas was back to best. And Moo2Kil, Varney and Ambrose in their few minutes each just got the ball and ran at their defence. Not a thought for running to the corner or time-wasting. They were all heroes.