Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yesterday's Referee

What a plum!! I knew it was going to be a long afternoon when he made Southampton retake the kick-off because the ball had not travelled forward the requisite distance before being kicked by the 2nd player. He then certainly proceeded to live up to my, already very low, expectations for him.

If Danny Mills hadn't had a long word in his ear as the players were leaving the pitch at HT, obviously telling him to calm down, then we could have ended up with an 8 a side game. Some referees need to learn that not every foul justifies a yellow card.

Comments

• Options
    for the most part i thought he had a good game, early on ignoring a few saints players falling over like they'd been shot...the linesman was inconsistent i thought, missing some dodgy throw ins but the ref did pick up on one later...the second yellow was pure stupidity, if you're on one yellow card, tripping somebody up is totally daft...
  • Options
    Does anybody know how many yellow cards we got. I thought it as at least 7.

But how can you book a player (Yassin) for ungentlemenly conduct when celebrating with the travelling fans after you've just played an hour with 10 men and scored in the 93rd minute to win the game.

Referees seem to have no common sense. W*nkers
  • Options
    The referee is the authority on the pitch and is charged with interpreting the law.

Unfortunately the spirit of the law no longer counts, so commonsense isn't any part of most referee's repertoire.
  • Options
    lol

do you honestly believe a player like Danny Mills "having a word" would make any difference to a referee. I think not. Problem with fans is they don't realise that refs get assessed on every game and little things like the kick off etc will be picked up on adn the ref marked down for it.

Unfortunately refs can't apply common sense until their bosses show some
  • Options
    We got 7 yellows and 1 red.

Semedo was the clear winner collecting 2 yellows and a red.

Sam, Thomas, ZZ, Iwelumo and Moo2 were the unlucky runners up.

Surprisingly perhaps none of the defence were booked.

Oh well that's another fine.

How is it we seem to get out muscled in a majority of the matches (although not yesterday) and end up with the most cards?
  • Options
    Because most of our cards are for dissent, kicking the ball away and love-ins with our supporters when we finally score.

Even Semedo's red was soft - 2 yellows for fairly innocuous tackles compared to some stuff that went unpunished.

We couldn't punch our way out of a wet paper bag when it comes to the nasty stuff, but we're moaning fannies when it comes to arguing the toss with the ref.

Sort it out, Pards! ;o)
    No point having half the team suspended just for whingeing.
  • Options
    The ref was shite, as Red_Pete said he laid the ground rules early. He must have blown his whistle 100 times during the 96 mins.

Did you see the 4th official prevent Fabregas getting a cuddle from Wenger on the touchline, sure enough this spirit of the law thing has gone beyond a joke.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]The ref was shite, as Red_Pete said he laid the ground rules early. He must have blown his whistle 100 times during the 96 mins.

Did you see the 4th official prevent Fabregas getting a cuddle from Wenger on the touchline, sure enough this spirit of the law thing has gone beyond a joke.

The most hilarious thing about that was watching Graham Poll on MOTD2 have a pop at the fourth offical (Alan Wiley) for doing so!