Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

a positive golfie post

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Great game on Saturday and put a few of us moaners on here to shame.......

I thought the whole team played out of their skins but special mention must go to Grant Basey, Reidy and ZZ who never gave up and played as it their lives depended on it and it showed how much it meant to the team by their reaction to the goal and at the final whistle. I don't think I've seen celebrations like that since Blackburn in 2000 when we won the title.

I must admit I was calling for big Chris to be subbed with 15 to go and to bring on varney to give us pace up front.......but then what do i know.? I was also saying that with 5 mins to go that we should shut up shop and defend the 0-0, good job we have Pards and not Curbs in charge.

As for Curbs, did you see his reaction when Bolton got their equaliser........priceless !! What do you expect when you go into a home game against a bottom 3 side playing just 1 up front. I always said that guy had no idea. What a diffference. We played almost an hour with 10 men, away from homr and we still attacked until the final whistle. W Ham were 1 up at home to a bottom 3 side and throw it away. I knew which manager I'd rather have !!!

Comments

• Options
    great post.

The difference is amazing. I know it's all been said before, but I regret that we could maybe have got a top 6 place the season before last, and even a great cup run if we hadn't 'shut up shop' (and usually lost), and forgotten about attacking football, even though we had some great attacking players.

Even maybe a cup run - I'll never forget that Leicester City home 3rd round when he played a defensive 4-5-1 ffs (of course we lost).

And the digs Curbs keeps on putting in (about WHU being a bigger club than us/better fans etc) really piss me off.
  • Options
    sorry i've turned a positive thread into a negative thread,.

apologies!!

Bring on Bristol - COME ON CHARLTON!!!!!!
  • Options
    gutted I couldn't make it on saturday as I was on call for work , made even worse for the fact I didn't get called out all weekend and the fact that Mrs Buckshee is on the other side of the world at the moment .

Full credit to everyone that went and by my reckoning we took about 2450 more there than Bolton took to West ham.
  • Options
    Only taken 3 years Golfie
  • Options
    Please make this a Sticky ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]
    I must admit I was calling for big Chris to be subbed with 15 to go and to bring on varney to give us pace up front.......but then what do i know.?

i was saying exactly the same....
  • Options
    yeah but i bet you were half pissed Dan
  • Options
    I just had to read this thread, well done mate & congratulations on posting after we win a game, hopefully this will be the first of many.