Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Those not at the game...

WSSWSS
edited November 2007 in General Charlton
...you fed up with those who were at it banging on about it? (this is said in a joky, jovial manner before anyone jumps on my back...)

We couldnt go for one reason or another, we are pleased with the result but we're gutted we seemed to have missed one of the best aways in donkeys.

The 20 seconds on the Championship was suffice for me.

:-(

Comments

• Options
    my brother didn't go, having been to about 90% of away games in the last ten years, and in my drunken state last night, apparantly i said 'best away ever' to him about 86 times !!
  • Options
    the result is what matters , obviously being there's better than not being there but we f***ing won and that's so so important after the run we had...onwards and upwards !!
  • Options
    those that made it must now go to all away games to maintain this hot away winning streak.the merry band that made it are clearly lucky charms for charlton. good luck to them.
  • Options
    I didn't go, was a choice between Wolves and Southampton, and I picked wrong!

Saying that, seeing Inspector Sands reaction to the winner come up on Soccer Saturday, whilst standing in the bar at Blackheath Rugby Club was amusing to say the least!
  • Options
    We didn't go either but that was our choice.

Sounded like a great game on the radio and the guy commentating was talking the game down in the dying seconds then went absolutely mental as did we!!

Mx
  • Options
    Rothko I didn't see you in the bar?

I presume Inspector Sands was the other one, to the left of the bar squeeling like a girl when the score came up. . . .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Rothko I didn't see you in the bar?

I presume Inspector Sands was the other one, to the left of the bar squeeling like a girl when the score came up. . . .

Yeah that was him, squeeling like a pig.

Good game of rugby down there on Saturday, impressed with the way it's all coming together at all levels at the Rec
  • Options
    I am not gutted at all - doesn't bother me missing reat away games anymore. Been so long since I stopped doing away games I am used to it.

The only oine I was truly gutted about and took me days to get over was the win at Anfield 2-3 years back.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    You're right, from the Minis, right the way through the age groups too.

As always they're short of a few quid you need to be even half successful at Rugby now.

I take both my boys down there for the home games when we're away.

Am going to Scunny & Watford away this season, but bar that have done all the places I wanted to go to really.

Although a pre-season match in Roda again would appeal ;o))
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]We didn't go either but that was our choice.

Sounded like a great game on the radio and the guy commentating was talking the game down in the dying seconds then went absolutely mental as did we!!

Mx

I was also listening on the radio and went mental when Big Chris scored, the commentary didn't give any clue that Varney was bombing down the wing did it!!!!! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not at all - he was chatting away and then just screamed Chris' name!!!

Mx
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Not at all - he was chatting away and then just screamed Chris' name!!!

Mx

The house went mad - quality day!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Indeed it did!!! ;-)

x
  • Options
    When is the Westcombe Park game Rothko/Falconwood,the Orpington boys are goin to ave ya.
  • Options
    Westcombe Park at the Rec is November 24th, the day of the Preston away game.
  • Options
    I orginally decided not to go because I thought it was too far to drive without staying the night. The night before the game my son, who has some health problems started badgering me to go. However on the day he did not feel up to it.

Winning games at the death is pretty stunning. To win away with 10 men after the run we've been on is special. I can understand the comments of "the best ever".
  • Options
    I can't remember the last time I saw us win away from home - it could be as far back as that Spurs 3-2 game!

However, I've done plenty in my time and doubt that this would rank in my top 10 to be honest. No offence to those who went, of course.
  • Options
    I decided not to go because I really don't like St Mary's and couldn't be arsed with the journey down there.

Bloody enjoyed the rugby, though, which surprised me. Made a refreshing change, and the news from Southampton topped it off nicely.
  • Options
    Best try I've seen at Blackheath was on Saturday.

When Big Chris's goal flashed up on Sky I don't think I have been so shocked for ages (Didn't help my liver though)

Happy Days.
  • Options
    Went to Wolves on a stinking hangover, drunk more, got really pissed off and frustrated with not just the result, but the day was a bit of a non-starter too...

Would've cost the same figure in tickets and travel (unbelievable) to get down to southampton but i didn't fancy 7 hours on a train eachway - first league away missed this season GUTTED! hoping we can do the business at preston/cardiff though

I salute the 350/600/800 (delete as applicable) going over to bristol tomorrow night - COYR let's get another point in the bank