Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Quick Quiz Quickie

just a couple of questions I heard recently, so they might be old ( and hopefully correct)

1. Who is the only British player to have played for 4 European Cup winning clubs ?

2.As of the start of the season who were the only Premiership managers to have won the European Cup as players ?

3.On a more topical note, who scored the winner when we last won away at Southampton ? ( and I actually saw him Saturday as well).

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2007
    2. sammy lee,steve bruce martin o'neill roy keane
  • Options
    Sammy Lee and Martin O'Neil are the ones.Keane was suspended for the 99 final, think Bruce had left by then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sir John Humphrey[/cite]3.On a more topical note, who scored the winner when we last won away at Southampton ? ( and I actually saw him Saturday as well).

I thought it was Tommy Caton - but you couldn't have seen him on Saturday, unless you were at a seance! (RIP Tommy)
  • Options
    3 Garth Crooks?
  • Options
    I used to see big Tommy at Charing Cross most mornings,in the late 80's, as he waited for the 9.30-something train to New Eltham.Good lad, RIP indeed.

Crooks is correct.
  • Options
    Keane got a medal though LOL

Well I have since cheated and looked at the PL table and gone through every manager and I can't see who unless Sven Goran Eriksson Jose Mourinho or Martin Jol have. Can only be Eriksson and Jol then as Mourinho never played at that level - the only other is Mark Hughes but he did not do it at Man Utd - must have been Bayern Munich if anywhere
  • Options
    1. Dean Saunders - Liverpool, Villa, Forest and Benfica
  • Options
    Correct Mr Rocket.
  • Options
    cany danger of the answers - doing my bleeding head in now
  • Options
    the answers are already there !