Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Commentary tomorrow night...

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Just looking on the BBC website and it's only on BBC 774 MW.

Forgive my ignorance but if I buy myself a digital radio will I be able to pick this up?
My old-school radio reception is terrible where I live, so I can't get 774 MW.

I really can't handle another 90mins of clicking refresh on Charlton Life, as much as i appreciate everyone's efforts.
Was gutted on Saturday when the local radio link someone posted up stopped 5 mins before kick off due to "contractual" reasons!

Any advice would be appreciated, particulary if anyone knows of any internet commentary.

Comments

• Options
    I will be not going :-( but you can have my expert commentary lol
  • Options
    Technically you can get BBC Radio Kent on DAB, but in reality the digital output is garbage so unfortunately unles you live within arm swinging distance of Maidstone, your stuck with the old school stuff on 774.

Only way to get internet commentary is to subscribe to the 'World' commentary at a cost of about £40.00.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Technically you can get BBC Radio Kent on DAB, but in reality the digital output is garbage so unfortunately unles you live within arm swinging distance of Maidstone, your stuck with the old school stuff on 774.

Only way to get internet commentary is to subscribe to the 'World' commentary at a cost of about £40.00.

Cheers.

My only other option then is sitting in my car in the front drive listening to it on the radio (where i can just about get reception weirdly)
    I suppose i could drive down and park outside Valley to add a bit of authenticity!
  • Options
    I went out and bought a DAB radio on Saturday, Tuned into Radio Kent Digital and got really good reception. Non-existent on MW774 in Sevenoaks....I tried everything possible before buying the Digi radio. Glad it worked...was worth the £90 to listen into the game at St Mary's
  • Options
    Stick with the drive mate.

Reminds me of the days when Millenium Fm ( that covered SE London) carried commentary and, living in Stanmore (that's NW London/ Herts borders and about 20 miles as the crow flies from the Valley) I could just about pick it up on the car radio if i drove about a bit and then parked up and acted like the local nutter, usually outside someones house.

Oh for the ability to do that now!
  • Options
    It's on Five Live Sports Extra and so will be available via the BBC website as well as on DAB etc.
  • Options
    and we'll have our usual gathering on here sharing the joy / pain*

* delete where appropriate
  • Options
    5 Live Sport Extra

On line - www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive
    DAB
    Sky Digital Channel 0144
    Virgin Media 908
    Freeview 706

If you can't get it in the UK, I'll be stunned!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Technically you can get BBC Radio Kent on DAB, but in reality the digital output is garbage so unfortunately unles you live within arm swinging distance of Maidstone, your stuck with the old school stuff on 774.

I think even then, that you're limited to one team. If for example you subscibe on the Scunthorpe United website, you get all Scunthorpe's commentaries home and away.

Is anyone listening in the UK going to be on the internet (on here) for the game?
  • Options
    I'm hoping to be Jim so i'll put in a shift of trying my best to keep people updated!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    can you get the five live stream abroad?

I am going to be in Sweden, but hopefully that wont stop me (listening)

or is it the usual UK only listeners thing?

I suppose you could access the website via one of those portals that fakes as if you are in the UK, but I am not quite savvy enough to work those things out yet.

Any links please?

Thanks
  • Options
    I'll be online as well to help with the updates. To the best of my knowledge fatkit you wont be able to hear anything abroad via the internet....unless the BBC cock up again...which they have a couple of times so far this season.
  • Options
    This just came through on the Daily Email from the club!!

Hope it helps!

Catch the commentary

Fans not able to travel to Ashton Gate tonight have a couple of options for live commentary.

The game is being broadcast live by BBC Radio Kent 774MW, and is also available online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/sportsextra/schedule.shtml courtesy of BBC Five Live Extra.

A full preview of the fixture can also be found at http://www.cafc.co.uk.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]This just came through on the Daily Email from the club!!

Hope it helps!

Catch the commentary

Fans not able to travel to Ashton Gate tonight have a couple of options for live commentary.

The game is being broadcast live by BBC Radio Kent 774MW, and is also available online athttp://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/sportsextra/schedule.shtmlcourtesy of BBC Five Live Extra.

A full preview of the fixture can also be found athttp://www.cafc.co.uk.

Just got that too, Five Live it is then!