Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League competitivity

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
As a measure of the competitivity between the 'Rich and/or lazy git' Premier League (Division 1 in English) and Division 2 think about this:

Teams with an average of 2+ points per game:
Div 1: 4
Div 2: 1

Teams with an average of 1- points per game:
Div 1: 8
Div 2: 4

That leaves only 8 teams in Div One with a healthy competitive average as opposed to 19 in Div 2
(there are 4 more teams in Div 2)

Comments

• Options
    eh, say that again Jimmy.........I think you lost us there !
  • Options
    I think I can see what you're getting at...but its hardly an idiots guide! And a fair few on here will certainly need that :-D
  • Options
    I got lost with "competitivity" - is that a real word???
  • Options
    How about this for a comparison:

Gap between 2nd and 2nd bottom*

div1: 20pts after 12 games
    div2: 15pts after 14 games

Therefore showing more competitiveness as the team are more tigthly bunched in div2, especially when you consider there are 4 more teams in that group too. i,e in div1 there are 18 teams spread over 20 pts, whilst in div2 there are 22 teams spread over 15 pts.

*Chose 2nd top and bottom to remove any extremes (i,e, a team running away with it or a team in complete freefall. Also 2nd top is enough to get promoted/get into europe, whilst second bottom will send you down)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I got lost with "competitivity" - is that a real word???

No, it's a new buzz word for threads. The real word is competitiveness.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I think I can see what you're getting at...but its hardly an idiots guide! And a fair few on here will certainly need that :-D

Yeah like Golfy - he's really dense.
    btw Golfy, did you get my message?

'returning to our sheep' - as they say in France - does anyone else have anything to say on this competitiveness or what? I think it's most interesting.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy_andy[/cite]How about this for a comparison:

Gap between 2nd and 2nd bottom*

div1: 20pts after 12 games
    div2: 15pts after 14 games

Therefore showing more competitiveness as the team are more tigthly bunched in div2, especially when you consider there are 4 more teams in that group too. i,e in div1 there are 18 teams spread over 20 pts, whilst in div2 there are 22 teams spread over 15 pts.

*Chose 2nd top and bottom to remove any extremes (i,e, a team running away with it or a team in complete freefall. Also 2nd top is enough to get promoted/get into europe, whilst second bottom will send you down)

Andy, say who's 2nd bottom. Go on. PLEEEEEEEEASE. Name and shame!