Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Massive TV deal for the Football League with the BBC

Comments

• Options
    hopefully wont affect us...
  • Options
    What a waste of licence-fee payers money!
  • Options
    About time the BBC put some money the way of the other 72 clubs, rather then shoving it all at the Premier League.

Be interesting to see how they do a Football League highlights show, do they mix it into MoTD or will they give it a stand alone show?
  • Options
    This has Gotta be good for the game as a whole, spending all our time in the Premier League has really blinkered us from the realities faced by most clubs which we are now learning about for ourselves.
  • Options
    Agreed, it's good to see some more money going into the Football League.
  • Options
    I agree. It will hopefully stop the yoof of today growing up thinking there are only 4 teams in the country.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    This is good news for football in England. Now if the Football League could organise some kind of equal distribution of tv money, more the better.
  • Options
    It will be like the old days when MOTD used to show goals from diff matches in the 4 divisions!!

It was funny when they would show for example Man Utd v Liverpool then go straight to Luton v Rochdale because it was a 3-3 draw!!

Classic
  • Options
    The Premier League might not be too happy with their precious Saturday MOTD being sullied by the common muck of the Football League - I wouldn't be surprised if they get separate shows.

It's great news, the Football League should have told ITV where to stick their terrible coverage a long, long time ago.
  • Options
    Is it that the coverage is bad or is it just he atmosphere is much worse in the champs than the prem?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry but the BBC's coverage of football is Amateur compared to Sky, Setanta and ITV. More of a par with Channel 5.

Not talking about commentary, I'm talking about the actual coverage of matches, camera angles, replays etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Sorry but the BBC's coverage of football is Amateur compared to Sky, Setanta and ITV. More of a par with Channel 5.

Not talking about commentary, I'm talking about the actual coverage of matches, camera angles, replays etc.

Except that... at least as far as MOTD is concerned, a lot of the pictures come from Sky.
  • Options
    No they don't!! Sky have trucks at all their live games. BBC Cover the other matches that are not live on Sky or Setanta.

Setanta's coverage is done by Top Hat TV, 021 and Input Video.
  • Options
    I'm afraid the editor of Match of the Day begs to differ - BBC and Sky split non-live matches between them.
  • Options
    Good link that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]I'm afraid the editor of Match of the Daybegs to differ- BBC and Sky split non-live matches between them.

OK, but most of the games in our last two seasons of Premiership football at the Valley were covered by Auntie and they were crap, and yes I'm trying to have the final word ;-)
  • Options
    I can't stand ITV sports coverage, it's shite