Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life World Cup qualification

2»

Comments

• Options
    England
    Wales
    ROI
    Canada (in a few months) - probably a half-decent chance of making that squad too!
  • Options
    England
    Ireland
    Germany (Don't even go there!)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]England & Wales (although I try and keep the second one quiet!)[/quote]

WALES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

What do you expect with a middle & surname like Lewis Williams!!

To be honest the line probably goes back too far to qualify (not that Toshack would be beating down my door anyway!!)
  • Options
    England only since at least 1850. No chance of me taking US residency and throwing my passport in the bin.
  • Options
    England
    Scotland
    Canada (at one point)
  • Options
    england
    ireland
    france
    slovakia
    my brothers are american if that counts!
  • Options
    England
    Wales
    Germany
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    England
    USA/Ireland (lieing grandfather maybe have been born in either or neither)
    Poland/Russia (depending on when you are counting as to which country it was at the time

Plus if you count great grand parents
    Austria
    Ireland
    Scotland

and obviously Great Britain (in the Olympics) and the Peoples Republic of Greenwich (birth)
  • Options
    I have officially represented Great Britain and England - both of which I have alreadly officially represented at international level in another sport.

Highly dubious ones:
    Australia (mother may be partly an Aussie)
    Germany (have heard information about a having a half-brother - born to my father's then German wife)

Could have been:
    Norway
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Not sure Othello is what I would call a sport but well done never the less.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England
    Canada
  • Options
    England and Wales.
  • Options
    can't believe how many could qualify for RoI and Wales !
  • Options
    England and I think if you go quite a way back my Great Great Great Grandfathers dog's goldfishes cousin was Scottish so I can probably play for them too. That was all that Tony Cascarino had to do with Ireland FFS!
  • Options
    Eire
    Scotland
    Poland
    Germany
  • Options
    England and Scotland for me. Possibly Northern Ireland - depending if the grandparents rule stretches back to great, great, great, great.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Not sure Othello is what I would call a sport but well done never the less.

However the IOC seem to recognise ballroom dancing and life saving as sports - far more dubious than Othello. Even more dubious is gymnastics (a full olympic sport) where the whole result is determined by the opinion of judges.
  • Options
    Another for England, Republic of Ireland or Wales over here.
  • Options
    English by birth!
    Irish by design!
  • Options
    England
    Ireland
    Wales
    Holland
    Spain
    Probably Oz too but not sure how far back that is...

Suprised by the amount of German people have mixed with the good folk of SE London!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]England and I think if you go quite a way back my Great Great Great Grandfathers dog's goldfishes cousin was Scottish so I can probably play for them too. That was all that Tony Cascarino had to do with Ireland FFS!

Given that the coach I get to London via the M1 often goes through Wales - I think I might just qualify for them.
  • Options
    However the IOC seem to recognise ballroom dancing and life saving as sports - far more dubious than Othello. Even more dubious is gymnastics (a full olympic sport) where the whole result is determined by the opinion of judges.

Like Boxing you mean ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]

Suprised by the amount of German people have mixed with the good folk of SE London!!

Big German immigration to London in the late 1900s plus a lot of jewish refugees of German origin.

We londoners are a Hybred nation, be proud of it.
  • Options
    England
    Northern Ireland
  • Options
    If your parents & grandparents were born outside the UK yet you hold a British passport you can pick any one of the home nations...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]However the IOC seem to recognise ballroom dancing and life saving as sports - far more dubious than Othello. Even more dubious is gymnastics (a full olympic sport) where the whole result is determined by the opinion of judges.

Like Boxing you mean ; - )

Firstly most boxing matches I have watched have had a referee to enforce the rules during play (unlike gymnastics) and thus ensuring a stoppage can take place. Secondly the object of the two competitors is to attempt to win the bout by making a stoppage happen - ideally by knocking an opponent down so he or she cannot get up during an alloted time.
  • Options
    Thanks for that explanation of Boxing. I've often wondered what the object of the sport was : - )

In Olympic boxing the result is nearly always decided on points awarded by the judges in a similar way to Gym-elastics.

Any way Othello is a game, not a sport.
  • Options
    England and Scotland
  • Options
    All roads lead to England, nowt to suggest otherwise but I'm told my surname originates from the French name Guillaume, so presuamably France too