Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fooking MBNA CAFC credit card

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Got a letter this morning, which I'm sure you'll all get, from MBNA promoting their CAFC credit card.

Do one. If I want your card I'll contact you. Getting very pee'd off with these CAFC instigated marketing phone calls and letters.

Comments

• Options
    you gonna apply for one then?
  • Options
    The club will make allot of dough from people taking up the card.

i think they get some cash for every person who takes one out and then a % of what people spend on it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]The club will make allot of dough from people taking up the card.

i think they get some cash for every person who takes one out and then a % of what people spend on it!

The club already get enough dough from me. If I was going to get a new credit card I'd be taking advantage of the new Capital One cashback deal - where I would get a percentage back of the money I spend, not Charlton.
  • Options
    mine went straight in the bin along with all the other junk mail I get every morning!
  • Options
    it annoys me immensely that organisations abuse my personal details to send me unsolicited mail or cold call me by telephone.

I thought data protection existed to eliminate this type of practice.

The fans director should speak out against this in my opinion.

At the very least we should be able to opt out of these junk letters.
  • Options
    You can Len,

Telephone preference society and Mail prefernce society.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]You can Len,

Telephone preference society and Mail prefernce society.

I did that with the phones. It certainly cut down on the number of calls I got, but it didn't eradicate them completely. Isn't there some loophole which means that calls from overseas aren't covered as they can't really enforce sanctions against overseas businesses?
  • Options
    Yep, there's a loophole. We did the same as you Off_it, but still get a few calls. Nowhere near as bad as before though.
  • Options
    Sometimes i'm just happy to talk to someone..............
  • Options
    I took out the old CAFC credit card when it was first launched with Bank of Scotland - just had to use it once and you got a £30 voucher for the club shop. That, plu the £5 voucher in the season ticket meant I got a home shirt for a fiver! Never used it after that...

The club also get some of the interest you pay to Premium Credit/Football Credit if you use the monthly payment plan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Sometimes i'm just happy to talk to someone..............
    ...anyone....doesn't matter if they want to listen or not! ;o)
  • Options
    I like the ones I get from my bank. They ring to try and flog me stuff but first want me to confirm a few details to prove who I am.

"I know who I am, who are you?" Is my reply.

"I can't talk to you unless you confirm some details first sir".

"Well, we're not going to get very far then are we? - goodbye".
  • Options
    Off It, i had a similar one last week.

Lloyds phoned to discuss my account, whether i was happy etc. Found their call very interesting considering i haven't even got an account with them, which the woman failed to believe. It ended with a stupid game of cat and mouse, with her asking me to confirm my details, and me wanting to know what details they had down for 'me', and neither side wanting to give in.

Quite comical looking back.
  • Options
    You have to be careful with them ones though. You hear stories about people giving away seemingly irrelevant details and the next thing you know they have a debt the size of your average third world country on their record!

The annoying thing about it is that they ring you, which is worse than getting junk mail in many ways because you have to answer the phone on their terms. With junk mail you can fairly quickly tell what it is and it can easilly go straight in the bin. With a phone call you don't know who it is and so answer it in case it's something/someone important.

Personally I honestly don't think I've answered my home phone for two or three years now. I work on the basis that if it's a friend or something important they will leave a message on my voicemail and I'll call them straight back. Shocking state of affairs really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I like the ones I get from my bank. They ring to try and flog me stuff but first want me to confirm a few details to prove who I am.

Sounds like a sketch from fonejacker!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I like the ones I get from my bank. They ring to try and flog me stuff but first want me to confirm a few details to prove who I am.

Sounds like a sketch from fonejacker!

Ha ha i thought that.

"What's my name"

"But sir, you should know your own name!"
  • Options
    http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/
  • Options
    MBNA owned by Aston Villa's owner really your giving Villa your dosh lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Off It, i had a similar one last week.

Lloyds phoned to discuss my account, whether i was happy etc. Found their call very interesting considering i haven't even got an account with them, which the woman failed to believe. It ended with a stupid game of cat and mouse, with her asking me to confirm my details, and me wanting to know what details they had down for 'me', and neither side wanting to give in.

Quite comical looking back.

Comical? Sounds like a fraud attempt.

You tell them your DOB/memorable address/mother's maiden name etc and next thing you know they are phoning your bank to empty it of all funds.

If a bank ever phones *never* give out any details.
  • Options
    i had a conversation with a bloke in mumbai this morning who thinks he's the postmaster general not a bloke in my bank's call centre...me, my statement hasn't turned up, it was printed 16 days ago, it must have gone astray, send me another one...him, can you wait 2 days sir, it can take up to 7-10 days for a statement to arrive, it will turn up in the next day or two...me, its been 16 days, its not going to arrive now, send me another one...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i got the mbna Charlton envelope on saturday and my wife was confused as to why my 21 month old son was kissing an envelope, she then turned it over and saw that he was kissing the Charlton badge on the back of the envelope...
    you gotta train them/brainwash them early!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i got the mbna Charlton envelope on saturday and my wife was confused as to why my 21 month old son was kissing an envelope, she then turned it over and saw that he was kissing the Charlton badge on the back of the envelope...
    you gotta train them/brainwash them early!!

brilliant
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah top stuff :)
    My 4 yr old is always kissing the badge on his shirt.

MBNA.I used to have a card with them,horrible bastards!!
    When my relationship went tits up and i moved back to London with no job or money they hounded me non stop i hope the wankers burn in hell!! Paid the card off in the end and told them to stick it.